Montana Firmware Ver 5.10 Released

GASTX

Changes made from version 5.00 to 5.10:

Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography

Improved support for Garmin LakeVu HD cartography

Fixed issue with incorrect letter capitalization of certain map points

Fixed issue where wirelessly transmitting a geocache to another device would result in an error message when trying to view the received geocache in BaseCamp

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5335

Installed this AM and now it will not show descriptions for caches. I followed standard GSAK download and delete current prior to rebooting. How do I go back a version?

Interesting. I installed 5.10 this morning without deleting my GPX files or anything else on my Montana, and it works fine. I can see everything I saw before, descriptions, hints, and logs. This was done through Garmin Express. I have verified that the firmware I have installed is if fact 5.10 on the GPS.

Wonder what's going on?

Installed this AM and now it will not show descriptions for caches. I followed standard GSAK download and delete current prior to rebooting. How do I go back a version?

I had an issue like this when I updated both a Montana 600 and 650t to firmware v 5.0 a few days ago. When I tried to view description, all it did was the show the rotating progress indicator. I hooked it back up to the computer took out the gpx file, rebooted the Montana, attached it to the computer and put the gpx file back, restarted the Montana and it was fixed. Did that with both units and it fixed the issue in both. Walt, can you try that to see if that fixes it for you?

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. One of the updates bit me. I'm not sure if it was the update or using Express to install it, but now my finds and calendar are screwed up.

I went caching this morning in a neighboring town where I have done some caching recently. I headed in the direction of a cache that I hadn't found, and told the Montana to find the nearest. It found every cache that I had found in the last two weeks in this area. When I looked at them on my calendar, they were still recorded as finds per day, but when I clicked on the bottom where it shows how many caches found, it told me it couldn't load additional data. I couldn't even get the cache codes.

I'm not sure how to correct this, but it doesn't please me that it's messed up. I may be able to edit the "finds" log to fix it, but I'll just have to dig into it to be sure.

I can't complain too much though. This is the first problem I've had with the Montana since back when just adding a note to a find messed up your calendar long ago.

I guess this activerouting feature must be only for Germany. :)

That's a wrong guess. There are more Garmin Topo Maps (France, Italy, Norway and Austria) with Active Routing available in Europe.

Hans

I said that because the link in the page of this firmware version sends me to a German page about this Active Routing so I still dont know what this feature does exactly.