Wanted Geocaching GPS

I recently started geocaching and found 31 already! I've been using my sprint samsung galaxy phone with an app but it isnt good for forests and such because the signal bounces around easier. Do you think i should get a GPS? I have a small budget for a GPS at this point. Opinions? If anyone has a cheap but good and in good condition and good for geocaching gps, i would maybe buy it off you. Thank You.

Thanks for the help, the price may be a little steep for me. I'm just wondering but is one able to enter coords directly into a gps? (I have now been using a phone app)

Yes, that's one of the most basic functions of any handheld GPS. How much were you looking to spend?

100 more or less. I acctually just got back from geocaching with my phone. It was not fun. ;) It wouldnt load so i just came home on a mission to find a good gps for the best price. I am now looking at the Garmin eTrex H. It has a good price... But i dont really know. I am having trouble looking for a good gps that ist very expensive, but i would be willing to spend more if all the cheaper gpss are not good quality. Thanks for help :)

Thanks for the help, the price may be a little steep for me. I'm just wondering but is one able to enter coords directly into a gps? (I have now been using a phone app)

Yes, that's one of the most basic functions of any handheld GPS. How much were you looking to spend?

100 more or less. I acctually just got back from geocaching with my phone. It was not fun. ;) It wouldnt load so i just came home on a mission to find a good gps for the best price. I am now looking at the Garmin eTrex H. It has a good price... But i dont really know. I am having trouble looking for a good gps that ist very expensive, but i would be willing to spend more if all the cheaper gpss are not good quality. Thanks for help :)

If you think you'll be getting into this in a big way, I'd recommend not selecting a GPS based on price alone. Mid to higher end units are not necessarily more accurate, but have better features. Some of those features, such as paperless Geocaching, electronic compass, SD card slot for additional memory (for installing maps) and others, are not necessary for successful caching but sure make things nice

I bought a lower end unit when I first started but I soon discovered I wanted something better. So I ended up spending money twice instead of just ponying up for a better unit in the first place.

If you're willing to spend up to $200, the Garmin Oregon 450 has come down quite a bit since the new 6XX series came out. Look around on the web, there are good deals to be found.

I had dropped my 76Cx on a rock and cracked the front of the screen a while back. A friend of mine knew i was kinda concerned about moisture getting in and ended up surprising me with an almost new 76Csx. He got it at a pawn shop for $30. You might try taking a look at one of your local pawns.