Caching Kit

Relatively new to this and I was wondering what do you have in your caching kit I have tweezers and gloves now for stingers but what other helpful gadgets would you recommend to help with cache retrieval .Aside from arms like inspector gadget that can reach into odd places and holes I would rather not blindly put my whole arm in ! !

Relatively new to this and I was wondering what do you have in your caching kit I have tweezers and gloves now for stingers but what other helpful gadgets would you recommend to help with cache retrieval .Aside from arms like inspector gadget that can reach into odd places and holes I would rather not blindly put my whole arm in ! !

Always carry a decent torch or more than one. Even on the sunniest day it will help with those dubious holes and might reveal hides within ivy too.

Your inspector gadget arms might have to be 20ft for one of my caches.

Always carry a decent torch or more than one. Even on the sunniest day it will help with those dubious holes and might reveal hides within ivy too.

Your inspector gadget arms might have to be 20ft for one of my caches.

Propane and oxyacetylene.

Okay, I know you Brits mean "flashlight," and yes, they're useful surprisingly often.

Propane and oxyacetylene.

Okay, I know you Brits mean "flashlight," and yes, they're useful surprisingly often.

Well that's a great idea if the cache is rusted shut.

Found it; I had to force the ammo can open, but I eventually opened it. Couldn't sign log, see NM below.

NM; Ummm. Hinges are missing, and there are burn marks on the ammo can. Also log was dry.....a bit too dry. Just ashes left. TNLN.

As for my current kit; Backpack, water, survival kit, pen, sharpie, first aid kit, knife, multi tool, cell phone, bear bangers. Yup- I'm out of town and decided to do some caching, in the wilderness. I thought about the bears, and have bear bangers just in case I encounter one. I have a kit enough for 24 hours of survival if I get lost. I have three travel bugs. I even packed an ammo can. SO what am I missing? OH YA!! I forgot to pack my GPSr... No to spend an hour looking for the regular sized, non cammo'd cache. At least I narrowed the area down to 20 meters.

ok thankfully no bears in the uk so i think i can skip the bear bangers !!!! So thats how you find caches in the ivy so easily they always seem to elude me.

note to self pack a torch

thanks for the link very helpful been having a look through and was puzzled about the foam pipe until i read further up fantastic idea. HAving scrambled through barbed wire yestersay after the GPS had a dizzy spell and sent me the wrong way

Edited by Geolab&Co