Downloading caches to 450T

NoBigDipper

This morning I loaded a bunch of caches ( I've only done this like ~100 times )...this afternoon it has been a fight. The computer maybe winning. I noticed the thread below and it reads like there maybe a web problem, but I crashed and burned trying to filter thru it all !

I when I "click" on a cache with the GPS connected and verify that I want to load it... current logs aren't a series of DNF's or maintenance, then I "click" on the rectangular GPS bar to send it to the GPS. A screen noramlly would pop up and a second selection made after the words to the effect saying 'the 450T has been found' after completed there is a msg stating download complete OR it is already there "do you want to overwrite ?'. I am NOT getting that box to pop up nor scrolling down do I see any maps..box is there but nothing in it. I verified the cache is NOT being downloaded to my GPS.. guess it is gonna be a long w/e...unless someone has an idea. Thanks

All the applet does, is save a step in selecting where to store the .gpx. You can download the .gpx file (with the.gpx download button) directly to your gps as well.

As a side note, make sure you don't already have a bunch of files on your gps. If I'm not mistaken, even though your gps can handle 5000 caches, it can also *only* handle 200 .gpx files.

While I cannot help you with that particular problem (I have NEVER used "Send to GPS"), I can advise you that as you are a Premium Member, you are missing the boat.

Pocket Queries are one of the biggest and most used PM perks there is. If you do not know about PQ's, don't let them scare you. Just a little practice and you will wonder why you ever used the other loading option (it really does seem like 0h-so many folks have soooo much problem with it -- that "Send to GPS" button). You can load any number of caches from 1 up to 1,000 in a single shot.

No third-party program is necessary --

Run PQ;

Download and unzip the PQ file; EDIT: Do Not open the files, you cannot use them as is.

Plug GPSr to computer, turn the GPSr on, open the unit (through My Computer or Control Panel) as a drive;

Drag and drop each file (it will [usually] be two after unzipping) to the unit or the SD card in the unit;

Turn off GPSr and unplug from computer;

Go Caching!

Excellent tutorials: http://markwell.us/pq.htm and http://follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/files/paperless_garmin.pdf (Aimed at the UK, but excellent AND it works as well on this side of the Pond).

Pocket Queries are cheap. You can run up to 5/day.

You can also Preview the results of a query by leaving the day-to-run box unchecked, [submit]. If you don't like the results, just back-page and adjust the parameters.

If you do like the results, back-page and check the day-to-run box and [submit].

By utilizing the preview, you have not ran the query until you check that box, therefore it does not count against your 5/day limit.

It may take a bit of playing with, but once you have it down pat, you'll never look back.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

While I cannot help you with that particular problem (I have NEVER used "Send to GPS"), I can advise you that as you are a Premium Member, you are missing the boat.

Pocket Queries are one of the biggest and most used PM perks there is. If you do not know about PQ's, don't let them scare you. Just a little practice and you will wonder why you ever used the other loading option (it really does seem like 0h-so many folks have soooo much problem with it -- that "Send to GPS" button). You can load any number of caches from 1 up to 1,000 in a single shot.

No third-party program is necessary --

Run PQ;

Download and unzip the PQ file; EDIT: Do Not open the files, you cannot use them as is.

Plug GPSr to computer, turn the GPSr on, open the unit (through My Computer or Control Panel) as a drive;

Drag and drop each file (it will [usually] be two after unzipping) to the unit or the SD card in the unit;

Turn off GPSr and unplug from computer;

Go Caching!

Excellent tutorials: http://markwell.us/pq.htm and http://follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/files/paperless_garmin.pdf (Aimed at the UK, but excellent AND it works as well on this side of the Pond).

Pocket Queries are cheap. You can run up to 5/day.

You can also Preview the results of a query by leaving the day-to-run box unchecked, [submit]. If you don't like the results, just back-page and adjust the parameters.

If you do like the results, back-page and check the day-to-run box and [submit].

By utilizing the preview, you have not ran the query until you check that box, therefore it does not count against your 5/day limit.

It may take a bit of playing with, but once you have it down pat, you'll never look back.

Thanks..and ZHEES ! Appreciate the suggestions but I still don't understand WHY the web pages look different this afternoon?

I tried the direct download. No luck ! I looked at the files within and the logs is like 11K and the visit is 8K. Not being the least bit savey and...there is no only support from what I have learned ....since this software is considered 3rd party. Don't know anyone that can throw me a life line either...so looks like I am gonna have to resort to other things to amuse me. This stuff just JACKS my B/P...guess that is why I am two heart attacks down the rd already :lol:

This has bee working way to easy and simple for their not to be something wrong...especially since the maps are not present on the cache pages.

Once the dust clears I will learn how to do PQ's...but not right now. I'm in overload just trying to do what I know right now.

thanks for all the help and suggestions !

Edited by NoBigDipper

Thanks..and ZHEES ! Appreciate the suggestions but I still don't understand WHY the web pages look different this afternoon?

I tried the direct download. No luck ! I looked at the files within and the logs is like 11K and the visit is 8K. Not being the least bit savey and...there is no only support from what I have learned ....since this software is considered 3rd party. Don't know anyone that can throw me a life line either...so looks like I am gonna have to resort to other things to amuse me. This stuff just JACKS my B/P...guess that is why I am two heart attacks down the rd already :lol:

This has bee working way to easy and simple for their not to be something wrong...especially since the maps are not present on the cache pages.

Once the dust clears I will learn how to do PQ's...but not right now. I'm in overload just trying to do what I know right now.

Are you using a PC and Internet Express? The bold parts cause me to wonder.

What you are experiencing could be a compatibility problem. The solution is here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=215

This addresses older browsers, but as of late, people using IE9 and IE10 have also had this problem.

What you are experiencing could be a compatibility problem. The solution is here: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=215

This addresses older browsers, but as of late, people using IE9 and IE10 have also had this problem.

I don't think (??) I'm using IE, but yes a PC. I just looked at my iPhone and maps are there...hinting that I have a problem at this end. Not sure what caused it to manifest but ...need to try and find the kid in Seattle, he might be able to talk me thru it

I don't think (??) I'm using IE, but yes a PC. I just looked at my iPhone and maps are there...hinting that I have a problem at this end. Not sure what caused it to manifest but ...need to try and find the kid in Seattle, he might be able to talk me thru it.

Did find the GPX file ~ 1.5 megs

Edited by NoBigDipper