GC48PYB

errrrr ... the publication date might be significant :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, I thought it might be significant; I'm just not sure what it really signifies. I liked the video though.

It was a April Fools joke, the time line for Geocaching, even though it had no name back then is

May 1st 2000 President Clinton announced the switching off of Select Availability, this was the scrambling of the Civilian GPS signal

May 2nd SA is switched off, and Civilian receivers are now accurate within 30m/40m, as opposed to the 150m/200m error previous due to SA

May 3rd Dave Ulmer puts out the very first cache, and posts the coordinates on a Chat Board, and Challenges people to go and find it

The Publication date of April 1st 2000 was designed to be a give away clue. Given that it was a month before the First cache was hidden

Deci

It was a April Fools joke, the time line for Geocaching, even though it had no name back then is

May 1st 2000 President Clinton announced the switching off of Select Availability, this was the scrambling of the Civilian GPS signal

May 2nd SA is switched off, and Civilian receivers are now accurate within 30m/40m, as opposed to the 150m/200m error previous due to SA

May 3rd Dave Ulmer puts out the very first cache, and posts the coordinates on a Chat Board, and Challenges people to go and find it

The Publication date of April 1st 2000 was designed to be a give away clue. Given that it was a month before the First cache was hidden

Deci

Thanks Deci. I knew all that at one time I guess, but I wondered if there might still be a loggable puzzle underneath it all :-)