Magic map

Is it just and my pc but I am struggling with the new improved magic map very slow to load find and crashes and freezes pc

Pc ok otherwise just issues with MM

Hi,

I use the Magic Map directly, that suits my requirements better and its working perfectly.

You could try clearing your browser cache and temp files. Then go in again from the Magic Map home page.

Regards Bernard

The MAGIC map underwent a fundamental update which completely changed the look of it. It still works and still shows you the relevant layers. The best way to use MAGIC is via the MagicMapIt! link where you just enter coords (any format) or a postcode. It then shows you the map with all the relevant layers we need to know about showing.

There is a detailed page in the UK Geocaching Wiki on how to use it - but it still shows the old map style. I'm currently working on updating all the screen shots but MAGIC unfortunately introduced a bug or two which caused the layers not to display correctly so I've had to wait until that was fixed - the update on Wednesday this week has sorted that out so I hope to get the page done this weekend.

This is the link https://wiki.Groundspeak.com/display/GEO/MAGIC+Map

You can take a look at the page I'm working on but PLEASE DON'T BOOKMARK IT because it will change back to the link above when I get it finished.

Working page https://wiki.Groundspeak.com/display/GEO/MAGIC+Map+-+work+in+progress

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

I've now completed the MAGIC page in the Wiki (click here). The MagicMapIt! link works OK for me with Firefox/Chrome/IE but there is still a bug on the site. If the map doesn't display just click the - and + zoom buttons and it comes back. Magic are aware of this and we hope it will be sorted soon.

Try a different browser.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

Hi Thanks have followed your link again and i get this come up

thre was an error on this page

where (object object)

error description invalid argument

click ok to continue

so click ok then it gets stuck with the little arrow rolling around and around. I cant click + or - it won't let me

I am on IE so will try it on sons laptop on chrome and see what happens then. When they forst updated it it did work albeit slowly. but now not for me.