Geocaching.com site update June 11th 2013

Read the last update's Release Notes

Release Notes

The latest Geocaching.com release adds functionality for a new GPS brand, a splash of new color, and a facelift for our blog.

• Rand McNally GPS devices join the roster of devices supported on the "Send to My GPS" tab.
  • The new geocache details page was revamped with a new color scheme.
  • The Geocaching Blog (formerly Latitude 47) received an updated look and feel to accompany the new name. Check it out at http://blog.geocaching.com .
  • Bug fix retroactively awarded the Switzerland souvenir to those who earned it, but hadn't yet received it.

After update, I couldn't use Opera Mini. cachesites doesn't open anymore.. why?

I got error like. ' 403.6 - Forbidden

IP address of the client has been rejected.

The requested page can not be accessed via

anonymous proxies.'

So do I. I'm using Opera Mini in my mobile, because the listings (and geocaching.com pages generally) are data-consuming.

anonymous proxies.'

So do I. I'm using Opera Mini in my mobile, because the listings (and geocaching.com pages generally) are data-consuming.

The same here. Should be changed quickly, because Opera Mini is in widespread use.

Only cache listings do not work, the rest of gc.com is ok.

Occasionally I'm getting caches (new look) that have changed font colors on the description and it's being extrapolated and applied to everything on the page. Makes some pages difficult to look at. Should the color changes be affecting all the logs and other info?

anonymous proxies.'

No info from GS? I have same problem...

and here! I also posted to the thread in the bug reporting for the geocaching.com website forum. I did some quick research on the error message and it looks like a whole chunk of IP addresses are blocked and its a setting thing on groundspeaks end. But I could be completely wrong, note the "quick research" line. I hope it is fixed soon. :(