A couple of questions....

Ok,

Starting to waymark again. Doing a lot of GPS stuff as I get older.

ReRead the rules again. My question is this. If I have visited a waymark in the past, and the webpage does

not require a picture or a gps picture can I log it? I'm talking mostly about

local stuff i've been to. Not stuff I went to as a kid. But would that be in the rules also?

Thanks a ton

Ok,

Starting to waymark again. Doing a lot of GPS stuff as I get older.

ReRead the rules again. My question is this. If I have visited a waymark in the past, and the webpage does

not require a picture or a gps picture can I log it? I'm talking mostly about

local stuff i've been to. Not stuff I went to as a kid. But would that be in the rules also?

Thanks a ton

Every category is different. Even though the category might not require a picture, it MAY require you to write about your visit. If that's the case, then YES you can log it, but write about your visit. Waymark owners appreciate a sentence or two (longer if you'd like!) about your visit. Anything other than "visited" or "been there" or "Found this while geocaching" is appreciated!

Welcome!

By the way, as far as I can tell, it does not matter if you visited the waymark as a kid or more recently; you still visited the thing for which there is a waymark. Of course some categories can get real persnickety about this. But usually it doesn't matter when you visited it.

<rant>The totally laughable category is Pony Express Monuments. You cannot use vacation visits to log a visit. So I am going to drive 1,000 miles to the markers on Fish Springs Road in Utah just so that I can log a visit?!?!?!?! That makes absolutely no sense at all. The only one that I've been able to log a visit was in nearby Cassville, Missouri. I had no problem visiting it whilst going to see my chiropractor. (Oh no! perhaps I shouldn't have said that I was doing something else when I visited it. The Pony Express Monument police may catch me.)

Other than a few spurious logs, such as mine to the nearby Cassville marker, I don't see how that group expects to get any visits in their crazy category. It's totally worthless.</rant>

But aside from that utter ridiculousness, most other categories simply want you to have visited the thing for which there is a waymark.

Have lots of fun!

Edited by MountainWoods