MISSING your Shaun TB... in hands of "MarSilva"

Shaun_das_Schaf

We grieve for our SHAUN Travelbug.

At last in the hands of "MarSilva" (since october 2012...)

We tried to get feedback from this cacher. He is very active at geocaching.

NO response for any mail of us.

NO answer.

We are sad and disappointed.

Our Shaun was a gift from a friend and has a very personal story.

He wanted to travel some islands and not to be lost after such a short travel.

He belonged to our Shaun-familiy. We miss him.

-----

Wir trauern um unseren SHAUN Travelbug.

Zuletzt in den Händen von "MarSilva" (dies seit Oktober 2012).

Wir taten alles uns Mögliche, um ein Feedback von diesem Cacher zu bekommen.

Immerhin war er aktiv am Cachen und Loggen...

Keine Antwort auf all unsere Mails.

Wir sind sehr traurig.

Unser Shaun war das Geschenk einer sehr lieben Freundin und hat eine sehr persönliche Geschichte.

Er wollte so gerne einige Inseln bereisn und nicht nach einer so kurzen Reise verschollen sein.

Er gehörte zu unserer Shaunfamilie. Wir vermissen ihn.

Wenn sie nachweislich bei einem Spieler liegt der aktiv ist und sie nicht rausrückt, würde ich den TB umbenennen in "GEKLAUT VON SPIELER XXX GEKLAUT VON SPIELER XXX GEKLAUT VON SPIELER XXX GEKLAUT VON SPIELER XXX GEKLAUT VON SPIELER XXX" - So oft reinkopieren, wie es nur geht. Das macht ziemlich Eindruck, wenn jemand bei dem Spieler auf das Profil geht und ist sofort sichtbar.

Außerdem soll es helfen, eine Note mit "SPIELER XXX HAT MEINEN TB YYY" geklaut als Notiz in jeden Cache zu schreiben, den der Spieler loggt und den er erstellt hat.

Irgendwann wird es jedem Dieb zu peinlich.

-

Edit:

English: Change the name of the TB into "STOLEN BY PLAYER XXX STOLEN BY PLAYER XXX STOLEN BY PLAYER XXX STOLEN BY PLAYER XXX" and post some Notes in the caches he logs, that he is a thief. In my experience, most players will get annoyed after some time and end the "I'm not answering"-Game. :)

Edited by Team Tryztan
Posting notes to caches he visits calling him a thief couLd end up getting your account lockd if they were reported to the froggie. Wouldn't do that. Travelers get lost all the time. Try my signature.

Yes, you are probably right. But the namechange will get their attention for sure!

Posting notes to caches he visits calling him a thief couLd end up getting your account lockd if they were reported to the froggie. Wouldn't do that. Travelers get lost all the time. Try my signature.

Yes, you are probably right. But the namechange will get their attention for sure!

And just why would you think that?

Just why in the world would somebody even bother to look at a TB page when they have "forgotten" about the TB?

This stuff happens all the time. One NEVER knows why, for sure. To make the assumption that the person last having contact with the TB is a TB thief equates to a leap of judgement.

Calling one out and labeling them as a thief could certainly guarantee one thing only -- that you will never see or hear from your TB again! When this type of thing (calling out) happens, it usually is placed... into the nearest dumpster.

I feel for the OP and am sorry for their loss. I wish this type of thing would never happen, but it does.

Rule #1 regarding Travel Bugs: NEVER release anything into the wild that you cannot bear to lose.

----------

It would be interesting to see it reappear later on... to discover that it had been lost within the confines of a rental car during the rush and chaos of a whirlwind tour (I checked and noted that the named cacher travels a great deal).

Would you feel better about calling them out and labeling them as a thief then?