Can I search for trackables in my area?

ankmom

Yes you are bringing up something that's been discussed.

TO find trackable you can view the lis-not map, list-of caches in your area. there are sybomls indication either a TB or a coin is logged in the cache. Remember I said logged as being in the cache, it may not be there for a variety of reasons. If not, at least you found a cache.

I recently realized that my GPSr has a search option--I can ask it to only show nearby caches with something in the inventory. Other than that, T.D.M22's got it--just search for nearby caches and scroll through the list, looking for anything that has a coin or TB icon. The other thing I haven't tried is creating a pocket query--there's a check box for "And has travelbugs." I dunno how well that works...

The other thing I haven't tried is creating a pocket query--there's a check box for "And has travelbugs." I dunno how well that works...

It works. No guarantee that it'll be there, just listed that it is.

And it's out of date almost immediately...

I'd still like to give active travelers more than three months before considering it lost but you'll probably looking at very old data.

No, I will not tell you to look at the drop date because it's ridiculous to give that much effort just to find one. And I a TB advocate.