Misplaced Travel Bug!

RonFisk

How do I get a travel bug that I no longer have? It's still in my inventory? TB4J4BH shows up as being in my hands, but I don't have it and can't get it off my inventory. I've tried contacting the owner and haven't gotten a reply. I've tried to delete the entry and it still shows as being in my hands. The problem is that I took it out of a travel bug hotel and logged it out when I got home, I gave it to someone else to move along and they logged it as removing it from the TB hotel before I got a chance to log it. They then placed it into another cache but it doesn't show up in that cache, but still in my possession. Apparently the TB owner is no longer active and I'm stuck with the TB in my inventory and can't get rid of it. I no longer have the identification number so I can't log any details.

Any help will be appreciated. I don't know if a reviewer can help out, but decided to post here before asking a reviewer for help...

They then placed it into another cache but it doesn't show up in that cache, but still in my possession.

If someone else placed it in a cache, but it's still showing up as in your possession, it sounds like they didn't log the drop properly.

They didn't log the grab properly. I'm a little puzzled with how they logged a retrieve from the TB hotel, when the TB was in the OP's hands. Or did they log a "discover"?

In any case, if the TB is listed in the OP's hands, the person that dropped it in the next cache wouldn't have been able to log it.

Now the TB history is confusing. Did you retrieve it from "Travel Bug Hotel Swimming Pool", where I guess you got it from, or did you log "retrieved" from "Joshua Tree big bolder drive up to", after the other cacher placed it there? If the latter, I can see it being listed in your possession, even after deleting the log. If the former, I don't see how the last "retrieve" log would be possible.