Found a $40.00 item while caching

themagician

While hunting for a micro cache

I came across a boat fender just right for my boat

It had floated in and was waiting for me very close to the cache. So I got a 2 foot long boat fender (bumper for you land lubbers) from a micro cache.

Plus I found a 5 gallon water jug, the one that has the big wide top, so that will become a MACRO CACHE. That was a good day!

I nabbed a $40 gift certificate to a restaurant plus other nice mementos for being the first to find The Legend of Skull Hollow. Another cache (a competitive, moving cache where you added an item each time you found it and winner take all) had a $25 gift certificate to a store plus all the cache contents which were above average to the winner; I split this with another geocacher. Other than that, it's been a fairly dismal year for cache contents.

Found a cache that was (unbeknownst to us) being used as part of another multi-part cache, which had a goal of finding a hidden $100 bill. One of my kids took $1.50 from the cache the other a deck of cards. When we got home, he opened the cards a found $101 dollars hidden inside! It was only our 5th cache find. I imagine the hardcore cachers searching for the $100 bill were pretty upset! icon_biggrin.gif

I once found a scratch-off ticket and won $10,000.00.

Of course, it turned out to be FAKE, but the family I was hunting with and my family had a great day after that, till around midnight when my buddy read the ENTIRE back of the ticket and called me to ensure I had not spent any money yet....LOL.

Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary...hehehehe.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Okay this was definitely the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me while doing a cache. I approach the cache area and see what has to be the biggest dang cache container I have ever seen. It turns out to be one of those big tool boxes sitting on a big rolling cart like a 4 wheeler would tow. There's also an air compressor and another tool box. Probably easily $1500 in tools and equipment. Went to the police dept. nearby and reported the items. They then followed me back out to the site to retrieve the property (a little night caching with the police). It turns out the property was stolen from the City of Mulvane Sports Dept. and one of the tool boxes had the owners check still in it. So the city of Mulvane should be ok with caching. Land is owned by the county. Oh yeah, I found the cache about 10 feet from the stolen property. really liked the container. T/biner, air compressor, air tools, tool boxes (ok the police took everything but the biner); L/HackAttack Sig. Patch. Boy you really leave some nice cache items here in Kansas. Air compressor or opened McD's toy, hmmmmmm...

micky4.gif

====================================

"Boredom is the state of one's mind"

====================================

I used to use a fender as an anchor buoy. Once while anchored on the American river, a guy in ski boat came along and they grabbed my fender and threw it in the baot. We yelled at him that it was ours and to put it back. He gassed it and a few feet later, it flew out of the boat taking a lifejacket and a tow rope with it. Hehe, he didn't come back for it!

quote:
Originally posted by themagician:

While hunting for a micro cache

I came across a boat fender just right for my boat

It had floated in and was waiting for me very close to the cache. So I got a 2 foot long boat fender (bumper for you land lubbers) from a micro cache.

Plus I found a 5 gallon water jug, the one that has the big wide top, so that will become a MACRO CACHE. That was a good day!

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

quote:
Originally posted by Runaround:

Found a perfectly good Leatherman tool on a trail near a cache. It was still in the sheath but the belt loop was torn. To bad for someone, great for me.

Now where did I park my car??????? http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/monkes.gif

Yikes! For the record, mine has my name engraved on the side, and I'm easily found on-line. . . please return if found! icon_smile.gif

ApK