Alternative views

An alternative View on Caching. Found this blog (I would post the link but that would violate the TOU here re: profanity.)

Here are some excerpts:

Welcome to my I hate Geocachers Blog !!!!

Im going to start out by explaining I was an a cacher for one year with over 600 finds. I quit archieve all my geo litter and hate them all. Geocaching is not an outdoor sport all it is , is a bunch of wanna be outdoorsman spreading litter all over the countryside. Geocaching should be outlawed its not only litter but its dangerous and causes concern when these morons are creeping around. These Idiot take it so serious. ITS A GAME YOU LOSERS!!!!!!!!

Did you ever wonder about these so called "Eco Friendly" Geo***** running around with there gps devices leaving tupperware and pill bottles everywhere have to do with helping the enviroment?? Just think if you muggled every geocache in the the world it would full hundreds of landfills!!! this idiots are littering I dont want to hear this as long as its maintained its not littering. If Im walking in the woods hunting and find one of your precious containers say good buy to it because it will be fuel for my camp fire!!! and your precious geocoins and travel tags will be right with it losers !!

Have at it fellow cachers

Read the exact same thing many years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if someone copied it and I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with it on their own.

Ignore it and leave to the like-minded who want a forum/stage unto themselves.

bd

Edited by BlueDeuce
Welcome to my I hate Geocachers Blog !!!!

Im going to start out by explaining I was an a cacher for one year with over 600 finds. I quit archieve all my geo litter and hate them all. Geocaching is not an outdoor sport all it is , is a bunch of wanna be outdoorsman spreading litter all over the countryside. Geocaching should be outlawed its not only litter but its dangerous and causes concern when these morons are creeping around. These Idiot take it so serious. ITS A GAME YOU LOSERS!!!!!!!!

Did you ever wonder about these so called "Eco Friendly" Geo***** running around with there gps devices leaving tupperware and pill bottles everywhere have to do with helping the enviroment?? Just think if you muggled every geocache in the the world it would full hundreds of landfills!!! this idiots are littering I dont want to hear this as long as its maintained its not littering. If Im walking in the woods hunting and find one of your precious containers say good buy to it because it will be fuel for my camp fire!!! and your precious geocoins and travel tags will be right with it losers !!

Any kind of movement with that much bad punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and grammar is never going to be taken very seriously.

I love how he complains about tupperware and pill bottles then promises to burn caches in his campfire. Maybe he tried to follow through on his threat and died from the poisonous fumes? :rolleyes:

You can make arguments against geocaching, especially certain parts of it (permission and safety issues, power trails wasting gasoline, abandoned caches becoming litter, bad containers), but this person's arguments are so blanket ('Idiot losers who take a game too seriously!') as to be irrelevant.

Edited by Joshism

Super easy to find on Google with a few keywords from the OP. Two separate "blog posts" consisting of one paragraph apiece, on one day in January, 2012.

By the way, how do you find something like this, dude? I have a Geocaching Blog, and despite a custom domain name, inserting META tags and a sitemap into the HTML, I'm darned if I can get on the first 20 pages of search results. You must have Googled "I hate Geocaching". The game camera at Ground Zero thread didn't produce enough results for your amusement? :o

Edited by Mr.Yuck