Reviewers?

MissMaygen

So I've seen reviewers mentioned a few times and I understand what they do. But is there a way to know who a reviewer in a specific area is? How do people become reviewers? When placing a cache do you contact them directly? Just trying to clarify things before I even think of attempting to place a cache lol

But is there a way to know who a reviewer in a specific area is?

Look up a local cache, and find the "published" log at the bottom. It will have been posted by the local reviewer.

When placing a cache do you contact them directly?

You don't have to contact them directly, unless you want to ask a question before you submit the page. When you create a listing, checking the box for "Yes, the cache is in place and ready to be found" and clicking "Submit for Review" will alert the reviewer, and they will look the page over, and if it meets the guidelines, they will publish it.

So I've seen reviewers mentioned a few times and I understand what they do. But is there a way to know who a reviewer in a specific area is? How do people become reviewers? When placing a cache do you contact them directly? Just trying to clarify things before I even think of attempting to place a cache lol

To find reviewer(s) for your area, you can check the VERY FIRST log of local caches. That is usually the reviewer.

When you place a cache, and submit the form, it loads into a reviewer queue. They will review each cache presumably in the order submitted. Generally, there is no need to contact them directly. If they have questions about your submissions, they will post a note in the form of a log on your submitted cache page. You should respond to it in like manner.

Reviewers are appointed by Groundspeak. Typically, invites are provided to community active cachers -- not based solely on numbers, either. Many have declined a reviewer position -- although I suspect it may be a satisfying position to hold, it certainly is fraught with problems and angst. But the pay is... well, it won't increase their tax status. They are purely volunteers.