STRESSED

DresselDragons

Stopped home briefly from work today to check on things after a nasty wave of bad storms came through and much to our surprise a Zebra was waiting for us in the mailbox. WoW! A trackable mystery coin with a great message when your feeling as un-raveled as those zebra stripes! :D Thank you mystery giver for your generosity and this beautifully designed coin, it completely - "un-stressed" the rest of the day for us !!

I opened my mailbox today to find a bubble mailer and I knew there was a coin in it right away. I knew I hadn't bought or traded for a coin in a very long time so I was perplexed. But then I saw it was addressed to me from me and I knew a mystery coin had arrived. I've released many, many, many traveling geocoins and many, many, many of them have gone missing so I guess this coin is perfect for me. Although I'm very laid back (I think it's a Hawaii thing) so my missing geocoins don't stress me out. And there's always the possibility of them reappearing...just had one reappear after a couple of years missing. Thanks to the mystery coiner!

Congrats on a awesome coin!!! U get the best things when u least expect it......... It takes a good heart to give ........... And the give the best thing ........ A smile, pat on the back and appreciation ......... But best of all its nice to know someone thinks that much of u to take the time to send a surprise!!

Geocatchers are the best!

Edited by Pony_Girl

We keep on visiting this thread to see who the "unraveled Zebra" has visited. Just a big thanks to the mystery giver again. To actually receive the coin was an unexpected thrill. In these days and times just to read the comments as they come in is a great stress reducer in itself! It is really nice to know the human geo-spirit lives. So very inspiring.... :D

The Zebra visited me today too! The perfect day for it to arrive. :D I think that Mr. Zebra must have been reading some of my recent facebook posts and know that it is a really stressful time right now. About three weeks ago I decided that the car I had wasn't the best for the things I needed to do so I decided to look for another. I didn't realize it was going to be so hard to find a replacement. I finally found something I really liked and was positive I was going to buy it so I put my car up for sale on craigslist. I had people in essentially a bidding war over it and it sold... just.... like.... that. BUT the car I fell in love with didn't pass the mechanic's inspection. Meaning the only wheels I have right now are the bike wheels. A used car dealer actually drove a car I was interested in to me from about 40 miles away. :laughing: I had just gotten back from that test drive and sat down to go over my car options when the mail came. I grinned ear to ear with the envelope in hand and sat back down with my new coin and a can of Mountain Dew on my deck. Hopefully in the end it will all work out.

Thanks so much Mr. Zebra for the coin! :wub: It is HUGE! I love it!! AND it came at a great time!!

I think some 'stress' is about to set in on my coin addict/geocoin collector. Have been watching the news about the flooding in Canada. Even though we live in the So Calif desert, many of her coins and TB's make their way north with our regular snowbirds. They are back in Canada now after spending the winter months here... and so are her trackables.

A big number are at risk having been placed in flooding areas of Alberta. Hard for her to watch the caches her trackables are in knowing they will be MIA after the waters recede. I don't think her stress level will recede with the waters.

How does a mystery coin giver work? Do they randomly select people?

It seems so. Sometimes it may be a cacher who they have traded with or it could be someone from the google address book. But since they are a mystery it is also a mystery how the recipients are chosen. There is a thread here that shows how to get on the google address document if you do a search here on the forum for it. My envelope was from me to me and there wasn't any postmark so I have no clue who could have sent it.

Whoever they are, the mystery coiners are cachers with big hearts who love to send smiles when the mystery envelope is opened. It never fails to amaze me!

I cannot help myself, just looking at the photo of this geocoin cracks me up with laughter. The only other coin I can think of that never fails to lifts my spirits in this way is the old Adrenaline GC, with the rider and bike flying down the hill. Or rider and bike parts, to be more accurate.

Not being on any list, I have no hope of getting one of these in the mail. But I wondered if someone who has this coin could please indulge me and post a photo of the stressed side that I could use on my computer as wallpaper? (Nothing fancy really, just a straight on, higher resolution shot with a plain background) I'd really appreciate it!

Omg today I got the most awesome thing in my mailbox............. My husband walks in the door and tosses a envelope at me and asks what I ordered n ebay now .........and I was like nothing that I know of ........ Then inspected the envelope to see it had been addressed to my old house (which doesn't exist anymore because if burned down last year which was devastating for my family)and the return address was the same ...... I thought to myself now way it couldn't be.......guess what it could be and it was a MYSTERY COIN .......but how.......and why??????? ........ But anyway this made my day fantastic ......... Thank you to whomever sent this coin .......... I have had a terrible year or so!!! It's nice to know that someone thinks that much of another person. . . . And that someone could be so selfless...... . there really are people out there who have a heart!!! Thank you!! Thank you! Thank you for making me smile :D I love it!!

Omg today I got the most awesome thing in my mailbox............. My husband walks in the door and tosses a envelope at me and asks what I ordered n ebay now .........and I was like nothing that I know of ........ Then inspected the envelope to see it had been addressed to my old house (which doesn't exist anymore because if burned down last year which was devastating for my family)and the return address was the same ...... I thought to myself now way it couldn't be.......guess what it could be and it was a MYSTERY COIN .......but how.......and why??????? ........ But anyway this made my day fantastic ......... Thank you to whomever sent this coin .......... I have had a terrible year or so!!! It's nice to know that someone thinks that much of another person. . . . And that someone could be so selfless...... . there really are people out there who have a heart!!! Thank you!! Thank you! Thank you for making me smile :D I love it!!

now this lifted my spirits :D ... WOOHOO kudos sent to the fantastic anonymous sender...WTG

Well a real nice surprise came in the mail today, a very unsuspecting surprise. A coin and note to relieve the stress of losing a coin that had been released to travel. Now I will accept this coin and want to thank the mystery giver very much but in all honesty after having maybe stressing a little on the first few coins I released, I had learned from some of the senior (not age but length of owning coins) coin collectors here that you don’t release any coin that you could not bare to lose. So with the coins I`ve released I`ve always thought of them as my grown children, you know moving away from home possible hearing from them once in a while and not seeing them for long, long periods of time. Now with other cachers coins when I`ve found them and I`m ready to move them on I always fret that they continue safely and in two such instances they`ve not been found after the drop and that is what I fear most even with careful selection of caches. It leaves an empty gut feeling and there is nothing to make it feel better, that`s stress...

But to the point, yes thank you dear mystery giver it is at times like this that I realize that there are wonderful, caring, generous folks out there and a thank you and a post here really doesn`t say enough but it is what it is.

6539cebd-1bd5-4d25-96e0-3420c8ab92a1.jpg

Just want to add that you`ve gone to great length (looking at the postage) I think to throw off any chance of finding out your identity and therefore a return of gratitude, so I think I`ll pass a good deed forward in your honor.

I'm feeling unbelievably blessed today...for a found this very cute coin in my mailbox, sent to me...from me! It's a mystery cute_animated.gif

Thank you oh so much for still thinking of me mystery sender. I know I haven't been around here or actively trading for a while. I do still buy the odd coin and once in a while I get a log on some of the coins I have traveling out there.

Yes, there were some coin losses in the beginning. The first one was the worst as it was a big let down. But since then I've experienced far more kindness than evil from the great people around the world involved in geocaching and geocoins.

mysterycoin.jpg

Thank you Marc... aka... me... for the wonderful geocoin!

I don't remember sending myself one, but low an behold, there it was waiting in the mail box for me.

In all seriousness, thank you Mystery Coin Giver!

You have made me reconsider my absence from the world of geocaching.

Was pretty burnt out after the Spring Stomp, but now revitalized!

:antenna:

I haven't been on the forums in quite a while Imagine my surprise when I found an envelope addressed to me sent by me.... inside was a stressed mystery geocoin and proxy! Thank you to the Mystery coin sender it made my day even though I'm not too stressed about my missing coins, I discovered that if I send out a large number of coins some ill keep moving and distract me from those that go missing.

Thanks for the pleasant surprise. You can follow it's travels here: TB5R812

561528_10151527872786205_2018901437_n.jpg

I have just read through this thread and smiled knowing that there are still many of the people I have traded with still here. I haven't traded/bought/sold or created a geocoin in SO LONG! But as soon as I saw that while bubble mailer in my mailbox, I knew instantly that it must be a geocoin. I had forgotten that giddy feeling of opening a bubble mailer and holding a geocoin in my hand...so for that, dear mystery sender, I thank you. :) Maybe I will finish my half-designed coin this year and renew my love (aka addiction) for these shiny bits of metal.

So thank you again to the mystery sender and a fond hello to all the coiners I have lost touch with!

I was so happy to welcome the Zebra to my home today. Don't get stressed about having a trackable lost, that's life. Get over it B)

On the other end I got stressed about bad skin reactions caused from having touch some poison ivy two weeks ago :bad: I finally decided to go see the doctor and with the correct medicine, it is beginning to heal. Scratching myself all day and night long was driving me crazy :angry:

Thanks to the sender of this very nice geocoin! I like what it says on the other side: Find some friends and go caching. That's what caching is all about, making friends all over :wub:

Timing is everything - I conveniently mailed myself a Stressed geocoin which arrived on the very day our family was to leave behind 20 years of memories to begin new ones in our new home. Stressed? A wee bit...

Many thanks to the mystery coin giver for thinking of me. In the beginning we released several coins which have gone MIA over the years, but I like to think that someday, somewhere they will reappear with some amazing tales to tell.

It has been so long since we last released a coin into the wild that the excitement has been renewed. I am hopeful that this coin will travel far and wide and perhaps cross paths with the mystery coin giver on its travels.

I haven't been on the forums in quite a while Imagine my surprise when I found an envelope addressed to me sent by me.... inside was a stressed mystery geocoin and proxy! Thank you to the Mystery coin sender it made my day even though I'm not too stressed about my missing coins, I discovered that if I send out a large number of coins some ill keep moving and distract me from those that go missing.

Thanks for the pleasant surprise. You can follow it's travels here: TB5R812

561528_10151527872786205_2018901437_n.jpg

Love that saying " find some friends and go caching, hard to do where I am.....

We made it to Geocoinfest this year in Trxas, having missed last year, mainly due to ill health.

It was our 4th GCF and it didn't disappoint!

I loved trading and buying but at one stage got to the point where I couldn't find anything in the gym sack in the back of my wheelchair. So when I went up to my room I turned the bag out into the bed, and as I sorted everything out, I couldn't believe my eyes ... a coin I didn't recognise, and I had to do some swift googling to find out that it was a Stressed mystery coin, trackable and complete with a proxy coin from GXProxy.

It was a fabulous surprise, thank you very much for thinking of me whoever placed it there, your kindness it very much appreciated and the newly treasured coin is now back in England with us.

Today in the mail a bubbel flop from me to me, it's not the first time so I know the drill but witch mystery coin is it ?

A verry nice stresssssed Zebra found his way to the dutch stable in Wijhe :D

Thanks mystery coiner for sending me this nice coin!

Gefeliciteerd Olaf!! Congrats Olaf!!

I'm very grateful to the mystery coin giver, who sent me this geocoin last month, despite my absence from this forum lately.

I'll definitely keep geocoins travelling - as will this proxy coin.

I'm looking forward to days with more spare time to reconnect with the geocoining community - you are amazing!