Finding a duplicate cache log

Night Hunter

According to my stats....

You've found 1957 caches (1956 distinct)

This means I logged a cache twice?

How can I find which cache that is? I could go through them all one by one... In fact I started doing that but by the time I got to the second page I forgot what was on the first page.. that will never work for me.

GC2CKPV on October 19, 2010.

Okay, now you're probably wondering how I figured that out so quick. :laughing:

There's an awesome website called Project-GC that will display many different stats for cachers and caches. After you authenticate at the top-right, go to the "Profile" menu, then "Find bad logs". Enter your caching name (or the name of another cacher if you wish), and it will show you which caches you've duplicate-logged, cachers who have duplicate-logged your owned caches, and owned caches you've logged as found (usually due to a legitimate re-find or adoption). There are tons of other interesting stats and features on that site, so be sure to poke around.

if I remove my duplicate bad logs, is there a way to make sure certain milestone caches don't change to other caches?

See the Milestone Overrides section on the Statistics Settings page:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/statistics_edit.aspx

Note, however, this just applies to the Geocaching-generated Milestones pages. There are other programs that can generate "Milestone" pages, most of which will show the actual milestones based on logs. However, most of them also have a similar "Overrides" feature.