Creating a Waymarking Trail by using existing or added waymarks

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone out there has created any type of Waymarking Trail (similar to GeoCaching Trails) using existing waymarks and/or adding new waymarks to an existing category? I'm new to the concept of Waymarking and a little rusty with geocaching, but a group of us in my county want to create a historical trail for visitors to our area. Originally I suggested virtual caches, but learned they have gone by the wayside. I have been researching Waymarking and i think this would work, but I was just hoping that I could hear from some people who may have already put together something to get additional information. Here's what I'm thinking: Our tourism dept wants to be able to get people excited about the historical things in our county....we could create a trail (adding waymarks where necessary) and then have people visit a given set of waymarks. Once they post of Waymarking.com, they can let us know and they would get a little gift for doing so and then when the complete the entire "trail' (specified by us) they get a coin or some sort of larger gift.

Any thoughts?

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone out there has created any type of Waymarking Trail (similar to GeoCaching Trails) using existing waymarks and/or adding new waymarks to an existing category? I'm new to the concept of Waymarking and a little rusty with geocaching, but a group of us in my county want to create a historical trail for visitors to our area. Originally I suggested virtual caches, but learned they have gone by the wayside. I have been researching Waymarking and i think this would work, but I was just hoping that I could hear from some people who may have already put together something to get additional information. Here's what I'm thinking: Our tourism dept wants to be able to get people excited about the historical things in our county....we could create a trail (adding waymarks where necessary) and then have people visit a given set of waymarks. Once they post of Waymarking.com, they can let us know and they would get a little gift for doing so and then when the complete the entire "trail' (specified by us) they get a coin or some sort of larger gift.

Any thoughts?

There is a WayMark category called a WayTour that would do this exact thing. The individual waymarks must be created but then you can make a "tour" using the WayTour category!