"New" Country needs a geocache

Theres something about that site that autmatically brings to my mind only one word: SCAM

I mean, if there was a new country named Ladonia, don't you think you would have heard about it on the news? I don't believe for a second that this place actually exists. Another thing, if the country "broke free" from Sweden, why is every word on the site in english?

I'd say we ought to be watchful of what people try to conn others into.

Juat my $0.02

TJWilson

Gander NF

I wouldn't say it's a scam so much as a very eccentric person with an ax to grind (his art) who found a loophole in the law and is running with it. I see citizenship there as the Y2K equivalent of getting your minister's license out of the back of Rolling Stone.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

I don't think so - they'd be about 200 years old by now. icon_wink.gif

Just to be precise, I'm talking about the more recent idiots from the Republic of Texas. Those fella's who holed up in the mountains outside El Paso, took hostages, got a couple killed and the rest in prison for the rest of their natural lives. I think this happened about 1997 or so. I was living in Austin, so it was "local" news.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

I don't think so - they'd be about 200 years old by now. icon_wink.gif

Just to be precise, I'm talking about the more recent idiots from the Republic of Texas. Those fella's who holed up in the mountains outside El Paso, took hostages, got a couple killed and the rest in prison for the rest of their natural lives. I think this happened about 1997 or so. I was living in Austin, so it was "local" news.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by spiny norman:

Then there is this one........

http://www.sealandgov.com/

This looked interesting until I got to the part about HavenCo using the country for its' server colocation. While it could be a great place for people involved in free-speech issues (i.e. $cientology information sites), chances are it will be used to launch spam attacks. Yes, I read that spam is against HavenCo's acceptable use policy, but I'm skeptical that they will enforce it. I would love to be proven wrong.

As for a cache, is it really practical to hide a cache in a place where the public is not allowed to visit? Especially considering that the sovereign of Sealand vigorously defends his territorial limits.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

13914_200.jpg