Friends in Map

schsch13

Wouldn't it be nice if you can go to map, select a friend and you can see the foundet caches of your friend.

The best way: You can see splited icons:

complete smilie: both found it - you and your freind.

left half: smilie, right half: half cachetypeicon - only you founded it.

left half: half cachetypeicon, right half: smilie - only your friend founded it.

complete cachetypeicon: you and your friend did'nt found it.

Very good reason to see friends find on a map. If I am planning a hiking outing with friends I would like to search for an area where my friends need caches as well. If I could see their finds on a map I can quickly determine if they have been on a particular trail or not. Currently I have to pick a cache on that trail and search all the found logs to see if they have been there before and it is possible that the one cache I picked may have been placed after they found all the rest on this trail. Not a fun outing for my friends if I have 20 caches on a trail and they only need one.

Very good reason to see friends find on a map. If I am planning a hiking outing with friends I would like to search for an area where my friends need caches as well. If I could see their finds on a map I can quickly determine if they have been on a particular trail or not. Currently I have to pick a cache on that trail and search all the found logs to see if they have been there before and it is possible that the one cache I picked may have been placed after they found all the rest on this trail. Not a fun outing for my friends if I have 20 caches on a trail and they only need one.

You can go to your friend's profile and see what caches they have found. I'll use my profile as an example: http://www.geocaching.com/profile/

See at the top portion there is a geocaches tab? If you click it then it will show you the finds and hides. Then you can click on the type of cache (I've only found traditional ones so far)and it'll bring up a list of what caches I've found, like this: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?tx=32bc9333-5e52-4957-b0f6-5a2c8fc7b257&ul=MissMaygen&sc=n

Edited by MissMaygen

When you go to your friends Geocache tab you do see a listing of their finds. If you select traditional caches then you see a list of their finds but once you select "Map this location" it will bring up a map showing your finds not your friends finds.

Here is a mock-up of what it could look like. If you look close, you can see little red smilies that show in a ring around the main cache icon which are color coded to indicate which friend has found that cache. This is helpful when planning a cache day with a friend, so you can find a place to go where there are caches that neither have found. Obviously if you have hundreds of friends this won't work, but if you have 1-10 close caching buddies, then it is great.

cachemap.png?token_hash=AAEt6gJ-f0Q57SaJdx6Mf0RcKumsODMiwz-k62o7Ne4kng&dl=1