upload caches wihtout logs

Ranger Duck

Third-party software like GSAK would let you do that. There's no way to do it through the site.

I'm curious, though, why you don't want any logs? Usually it's useful to have the most recent logs available to get subtle hints or see what has been happening recently with a cache, like if the last few finders couldn't find it.

All so true. When we placed the caches on the new gps we did not get the "hints", just the basic information and logs. Would like to have the "hints" moved to the gps like when we print a hard copy without the logs.

What happens when you tap "View Hint"? Here's a thread about where to find that, in case you're just unfamiliar with the menus: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=265115

If you're seeing Basic Member info, and haven't deleted old cache files since upgrading to PM, you need to delete them all and upload new GPX files.

Are you using Pocket Queries? That's a good way to get all the info. You need GPX files, not LOC files. Then you'll have the hint and the last 5 logs. Sorry, I don't know how to do that without logs.

Edited by kunarion

Now that's an answer I can wrap my head around. Thank You! Still on a learning curve with the Garmin Oregon 450t. Much better and user friendly that our old Magellan Meridian, which we could not enter caches directly from Geocaching.com.... However, it was much easier than using a compass and USGS Quad Map to find caches. The pdf manual for Garmin is not all that encompassing so the additional information is greatly appreciated. Thank you all for assisting.

Ranger Duck