Qstarz BT-Q818XT vs Garmin GLO

Hello,

Does someone use Qstarz BT-Q818XT together with smartphone?

+ for this device is

- cheaper than GLO

- better battery life

-

-no GLONASS cover

I have read the Garmin GLO review, it's quite good. But 12h battery life is hard not to ignore. And for BT-Q818XT i don't know how accurate it is.

I have a lot caches around in dense forest where good gps signal is needed.

Hello,

+ for this device is

- cheaper than GLO

- better battery life

-

-no GLONASS cover

I have read the Garmin GLO review, it's quite good. But 12h battery life is hard not to ignore. And for BT-Q818XT i don't know how accurate it is.

i had the Garmin Glo but lost it in the woods recently. It was accurate within +/- .5m but would lose connection quite often. I replaced it with a Dual 160 and have a lot of problems with it, so much that I am considering sending it back. I've also looked at the Qstarz, but it and the Dual just seem like overkill. Go with the Garmin and I think you'll be happy.

I have the Qstarz BT-Q818X and used to use it a lot to save battery on my phone. These days I pretty much always use my GPS (GPSMap 62s) but I still rely on the Qstarz and phone sometimes when I need to navigate in the car.

The battery life is excellent (several days without needing to be charged) and it's very quick to get a location, especially if I remember to run its utility application regularly.

I like it so much that when I lost my original on a trip recently I bought a replacement (used on ebay for a very reasonable amount). When I used to search for caches under trees it always seemed reliable but it's very hard to be sure, as the co's gps might have been suffering from trees when such caches were set!

Hello,

+ for this device is

- cheaper than GLO

- better battery life

-

-no GLONASS cover