What is the neatest thing or most unusual thing you have found?

My most fav.thing I have found in a cache is a brand new still in the box Magic 8-ball,I keep it beside my bed and I use it to make up my mine some times a kind of mental push in one way or the other.

I would follow my GPS to the gates of Hell if it pointed that way.

Only after I'd left the cache did I realize how odd it was... but I found a cymbal in a cache. I didn't trade, and in fact I didn't realize what it was right away. But it was a drum cymbal with the edges bent up in sort of an artistic way.

Later I read the logs and someone wrote that they left the cymbal and that it was characteristic of their personality. Either they are a drummer.. or they are a noisy person.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by EraSeek:

Most unusual: Someones cermated remains.

Hmmmmm, reminds me of the "You are the travel bug" discussion a few months ago.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by Seay me:

If I read your discription correctly the type of cymbal you saw was a "china" series. It's a type of special effects cymbal that has kind of an agressive initial crash sound that fades off rather quickly.

Chip... no, I doubt it. I should have been more descriptive.

I'm no drummer, but I've been around cymbals, and this appeared to be a regular cymbal that someone took a hammer to. When I say that the edges were bent up, I mean someone smacked it a few times to bend it up.

Jamie

I was mapping coordinates for a cache I was setting. I started up a sandstone slope toward a ledge when I heard my dog's toe nails clattering on the rocks. I remembered that the dog hadn't come with me and looked up to see a fox heading across the ledge above me. What fun!

I chose another set of rocks for the cache and moved out of the area. Apparently, the fox had denned up in the cave above me. icon_eek.gif

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

I was mapping coordinates for a cache I was setting. I started up a sandstone slope toward a ledge when I heard my dog's toe nails clattering on the rocks. I remembered that the dog hadn't come with me and looked up to see a fox heading across the ledge above me. What fun!

I chose another set of rocks for the cache and moved out of the area. Apparently, the fox had denned up in the cave above me. icon_eek.gif

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Only after I'd left the cache did I realize how odd it was... but I found a cymbal in a cache. I didn't trade, and in fact I didn't realize what it was right away. But it was a drum cymbal with the edges bent up in sort of an artistic way.

Jamie was baffled by the "cymbalism" of the item.

Sorry.

The Three Ponds Causeway Cache had 2 sets of women's panties in the cache! Whoever left them may written something in the logbook but I didn't read far back enough to find it. No online log from that cacher.

After 30 years of marriage, I knew better than to bring either one home as a cache trade. I didn't even have the nerve to test thier sniffability

511248_400.jpg

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=1265

I found a radar detector in a cache last winter. I figured it was broken but when I got back to my car a plugged it in, it worked. I'm still using it. Not too shabby.

Most unusal thing I've found was a bra. (Which I declined to take by the way).

Wait, I take that back. The most unusual thing I found in a cache was swamp water. A cache I visited in Vermont a few months ago had a 2 quart glass pickle jar as a cache container. WHen I found it someone had filled it to the brim with muddy swamp water and screwed the lid back on.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

back in the late 80's before geocaching existed my wife and i hiked the live volcanoe on the big island of hawaii. we found a plastic grocery store bag full of storebought food, canned tuna, etc. it was an offering to pele along with some incense and leaves. amazing that people still worship a volcanoe in this country these days. we didnt disturb it. im not a believer in pele but im not stupid either.

hi,, regarding the 2 elusive martins,.. i'm not pretending to be ranger rick but when elusive animals approach humans, theres a good chance the animal is rabid as one of the first symptons of rabies in a wild beast is losing fear of humans, even if displaying no aggression. might want to use a little caution there because rabies is spread thru saliva so bites are not necessary for transmission of the virus. a mere kiss from one of those cute lil critters can kill ya. on a lighter note,, what about those pictures of the panties if ya scroll down some?? wow!!! those werent panties !! they looked like parachutes to me. the 'sniffabilty' comment from that other guy was hilarious, thanx for the chuckle.

This wasn't while caching, but it was getting ready for the activity that will be cutting into my caching time soon (deer hunting, so I'm counting it! I went to clean up one of my shooting houses this evening and found I had some homesteaders. A family of Barn Owls had moved in. Oh well, they look like they'll soon be big enough to fly and leave so I guess I'll wait awhile on this house.

758754_200.jpg

Visit the Mississippi Geocaching Forum at

http://pub98.ezboard.com/bgeocachingms

[This message was edited by pater47 on November 19, 2002 at 05:00 PM.]

[This message was edited by pater47 on November 19, 2002 at 05:11 PM.]

Lots of plush toys hanging from trees, beside and on benches, peeking out from bushes all along the trail leading up to this cache. There were more than I listed in my log. Just could not remember what the rest were. When I saw the first one, I thought a kid had dropped it there. Then I saw the second, third, etc... so maybe someone at the nature center by the trailhead was having some fun with this.

Well the best is also the "wierdest" in a way as well. My fiance and I had just started collecting Top Trumps card packs and were discussing which set we would purchase next (unanimous decision - Marvel Super Heroes). We decide to do a cache later the same day and take with us some old McD's toys I'd found laying around my house. One of them was an Elephant.

The cache we found, in a wood, in the dark, not only contained the Top Trumps Marvel Super Heroes but also the Gnu who was in the same film as the Elephant. So we left the Elephant with his friend & took the TT set!

Sam

~ Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own Canoe ~

~ We can't run away for ever ... but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start ~

My son and I were placing our first cache, he glances into a hole and tells me he sees a skull. I give him permission to get it thinking it's a rabbit, possum, something small. Oh no, it's a horse's skull! Now, this might not be too weird in some places, but this is not exactly out in the boonies. There's heavy traffic less than a 1/2 mile up the road, and the cache site is surrounded by lemon orchards. (All in use) I don't know how no one noticed it! Oh well, the kid has something to show off to his friends now, and I learned how to clean and sanitize bones. icon_wink.gif

Never invoke anything bigger than your head.

icon_rolleyes.gif Trauma, Mopar, Mickey225 and myself went out to Wharton State Forest and Mopar called to me and asked if I had my camera. I sure did... he pointed out to me right infront of us was a "Well hung" tree. Someone had nailed or screwed a sex toy right on to a tree just above a branch. I took a picture of it... not that I would post it.. it would not be a good thing.

Went hiking on the Section 16 Trailhead and was bushwacking when I find this red foxabout three days dead. I go back a month later and hes still there decaying, goback another two months later and hes still there and almost all his head is decayed. But I notice someone else has found him and marked him off to return to later. Sory Charlie I found him first so I pop his head off with a ski pole (my $90.00 walking sticks cost four dollars at Goodwill) and bag it. It now sits on my bookcase clean, peroxided, and lacquered.

I'll be watching for you from within the trees, or a cave, or under a rock, or on top of a Butte, Mesa, or a Bluff. And car lockouts are high priced and merciful on the trailhead if I have my tools, lol.

I just found something weird while looking for a benchmark.

In the woods of a park I found a supermarket hand basket. In the basket were 10 quarts of transmission fluid, a can of fix-a-flat, a can of engine cleaner and a package or armor all wipes.

Looked like it had only been there a few days at most. The nearest market is about a quarter mile away.

Wonder if someone was shoplifting and hid the goods while the cops were after him? But who would steal 10 quarts of transmission fluid???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

quote:
Originally posted by Bilder:

Wonder if someone was shoplifting and hid the goods while the cops were after him? But who would steal 10 quarts of transmission fluid???

Good question. Personally, if I were going to do something that could land me in jail, I would make sure that it was worth it. 10 Quarts of tranny fluid doesn't quite rate up there to me. Obviously, there are a few people out there crazier than I am. icon_biggrin.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

quote:
Originally posted by mknoll3:

GREAT WAY TO MAKE MONEY-READ THIS!!!!!!

Monday, 20-Nov-25 03:09:13

Hope the admins can delete this rejects post without deleting the entire thread. Keep this garbage off of this site. We don't want it.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

quote:
Originally posted by smithdw:

quote:
Originally posted by mknoll3:

GREAT WAY TO MAKE MONEY-READ THIS!!!!!!

Monday, 20-Nov-25 03:09:13

Hope the admins can delete this rejects post without deleting the entire thread. Keep this garbage off of this site. We don't want it.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

I reported it.

All three postings by this user are already deleted. Total response time from GC admins: 2 minutes. Good work guys.

Kenneth

Well this wasn't in the cache, but while searching for a cache I found what I believe to be part of the petrified skeletal remains of a whale.

I was tempted to put in the cache, but decided against it (too heavy and big).

----

Chivalry:

A couple of medieval songwriters come up with the idea of chivalry one rainy day... and you embrace it as a lifestyle. You live and die by a code of honor that was trendy when you were a kid.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Later I read the logs and someone wrote that they left the cymbal and that it was characteristic of their personality. Either they are a drummer.. or they are a noisy person.

Jamie

Maybe it was a "Cache cymbal" ...lol

sorry about that...

-Muslickz

SMLlogo.gif

quote:
Originally posted by adampierson:

Well this wasn't in the cache, but while searching for a cache I found what I believe to be part of the petrified skeletal remains of a whale.

I was tempted to put in the cache, but decided against it (too heavy and big).

Interesting, you don't happen to have a photo...do you??

-muslickz

SMLlogo.gif