Unusual adventure at a rest-stop cache

CacheMonkeez

Thanks for the education RK. Next time it happens I'll know what words to use.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Come now hammack, they are not homos any more, and gay is a waste of a perectly good word and an even better womans name. Homosexual is old school and the other words are just so anti PC.

In todays world they are "orientationally challenged"

Did the person that followed you have a big red "G" sewn on their chest? How do you know the person was gay? Consider someone watching you roam around at a rest stop looking for something. Perhaps the person thought you were some kind of terrorist. Then you made several abrupt U-turns while driving. That may look suspicious also. I am not tring to dismiss the fact that being followed caused you some concern. It should. But there may be other reasons. Anyway, I'll get to my real point. Anytime you feel unsafe, get out of the situation to somewhere safe. If you have a phone, call the police. I may be strange to have to explain why you are roaming around looking for a cache, and the cache may be removed, but what are you protecting if the area is an unsafe one? Why let another cacher walk into the same situation because you were "protecting the cache.?" This person may have had bad intentions or, thinking you were acting strange, good intentions, either way the police should have been notifed. If this area has gay stalkers, or muggers, or wild dogs, they should be run off before someone gets hurt.

Dorothy: "How can you talk if haven't got a brain?" Scarecrow: "I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"

He wasn't "sexually bipolar" he was an undercover cop, and YOU were looking suspicious...

I am waiting for the video to show up on RealTv or one of the police video shows...

geocan.jpg

Trash-out, EVERYtime

~~

Geo-cach-er, n. generally a highy technically competent person with lots of free time. (see also- "Unemployed", Computer administrator, aircraft technician- defense worker- dot-com executive- systems administrator, et.al)

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Come now hammack, they are not homos any more, and gay is a waste of a perectly good word and an even better womans name. Homosexual is old school and the other words are just so anti PC.

In todays world they are "orientationally challenged"

Or a "Rump Ranger" as we call them down south !

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

Here is how we handel that situation in WV. After making sure we are being followed, park and make sure that they see you place you gun in the holster on your side. Then go after the cache. If they are still stupid enough to follow you in, make sure they are carried out.

Simple enough. icon_wink.gif

I bought a GPSr so the ladies would stop telling me to get lost. It didn't work icon_frown.gif.

quote:
...Is there is something to be afraid of to the point of "make sure that they see you place you gun in the holster". WV Dan? Beta Test? icon_eek.gif

Trixxster

The point of making sure they see you place your gun in the holster is that it's a proven fact that if someone has the intent of doing harm to you they may change their mind if they know you are armed.

Henceforth, there would be no need to even fire your weapon, and then go to court to prove the jerk was going to hurt you. icon_wink.gif

I bought a GPSr so the ladies would stop telling me to get lost. It didn't work icon_frown.gif.

In michigan we had a cache' "GIMME ME A BREAK IV", I am a woman by the way. The kids and I were out there looking for a cache' and I saw a man, but didn't pay attn, with my kids, shouldn't be a problem. Then I turn around and there is another man coming our way. He was looking at me, I started to get an icky feeling so I called the kids closer to me. Now this was about 2:30/3 ish. So I really didn't want to give this cache' up, I mean I kept "zeroing" out and I knew this was a tricky hide. My husband was in the truck w/ our two sleeping toddlers. I got back to work looking as I heard my oldest "mom thier hugging." Sure enough they were and more. We high tailed it out of there, as we were leaving, my husband is screaming into the radio,"Get out of there!" Which could be plainly heard from my pocket. These guys were only about 100 yds. away. The owner archived and called the police.