Photo Competition June 2013

Thanks to fuzzybears for choosing my photo last month.

This month's theme is: Transport. It could be your caching wagon - or a multitude of other modes of travel that you might use on your caching trips - bicycle, roller skates, segway, horseback, or shanks' pony. But feel free to interpret the theme as you see fit - anything transport related that you have seen while out caching is fine. And photos may have been taken at any time... B)

Good luck, and I look forward to judging at the end of the month.

Baz.

The rest of the rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher.

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Follow the theme

0375527e-3d01-4791-a798-ac8a5c38eb26.jpg

I fall at the first hurdle as this wasn't in the UK, but it was from when I was caching in April, 4400 miles from home. That's the world's biggest, most powerful solid-fuel rocket, parked in the deepest hole in Florida, where it was abandoned in 1967 when the development money ran out as the Apollo programme went with chemical rockets for the first stage of the Saturn 5. It's called the Aerojet 260 SL-2 and is 21ft in diameter (the Shuttle's for comparison are 12ft in diameter). Cool though :)

Edited by Simply Paul

:blink:Okay so how do I add a photo to the photo competition?

That was easier than I thought, after my senior moment.

first of all you need to find the location of you photo.

if it is on a cache page then this is easy

1 right click on the image

2 copy image location

3 back on the forum page. click on the Blue "Use full editor" button

4 click on the picture.pngbuton at the top of the page

5 using Ctrl V copy the pictur location into the pop up box

We did the ride on the Settle and Carlisle Railway from Settle to Appleby and back. Then we drove up to the Ribblehead viaduct to do this cache, GC1Y1CZ. The day started out a bit dull but some breaks in the cloud finally appeared including some nice crepuscular rays. Picture is slightly adjusted to bring out the dramatic sky.

Chris

e1526f08-9589-4753-91a7-c3471236fba4.jpg?rnd=0.7770001

And that didn't take long really...

There were some fun, entertaining, and original photos posted this month - but from the moment it appeared, The Blorenges photo of Ribblehead viaduct was a clear leader for me (and I wonder if that's why there have been so few photos posted since?). Beautiful lighting. Truly crepuscular. :)

Over to you Chris!

(By the way, am I the only one to find myself singing Cockney Rebel songs whenever I read Blorenge? "Like a blue orange...")

Cheers,

Baz.

e1526f08-9589-4753-91a7-c3471236fba4.jpg?rnd=0.7770001