API Limits

eusty

I was messing with PQ's and downloading by a date range (i.e. 2000-2005, 2006-2008 etc) But this year, as there are so many new caches, I decided to get them using the API via GSAK.

But when I try to use a date range I get an API error

Range specified is longer than allowed. Range must be less than 30 days.

Anyone seen this also? How can I get around this?

Edited by eusty

I was messing with PQ's and downloading by a date range (i.e. 2000-2005, 2006-2008 etc) But this year, as there are so many new caches, I decided to get them using the API via GSAK.

But when I try to use a date range I get an API error

Range specified is longer than allowed. Range must be less than 30 days.

Anyone seen this also? How can I get around this?

You would have to save the settings for each particular 30 day period, each with a unique name, then create a macro with a whole bunch of these lines:

GcGetCaches Settings=<settings name> Load=Y

I think that this would be rather tedious to set up, but once done, you could put it on a button, click it and come back in an hour or two. Currently, it is much easier to set up your PQs and more times than not, they will be waiting for you when you need them.

You can also look at the GetCachesOnRoute.gsk macro. It will create boxes along a route, or a line, but you can then adjust the size of the boxes to cover the area that you need. If a particular box has too many caches in it for an api call, the macro will split it down to the appropriate size. This method will get you all caches in a particular area, up to the api limits. It will also let you use all of the standard criteria in Get Geocaches. You can also save the set of boxes and call them up later.