Proposition A

Bloencustoms

Recently while on a hunt I was

"propositioned" icon_eek.gif<-m- by an "alternate lifestyle person". I did nothing to warrant this and think it was pretty inappropriate of this guy to do this. I went on to finish the cache with Ron, but was kinda perplexed as to whether this happens all the time while caching or am I just that handsome?

Anyway what I would like to get feedback on is whether this happens often or it was a once in a life time deal icon_confused.gif. OR what kind of stories do you all have?

Please Reply,

Dave

BLOEN Customs Crew

Get off the cellphone and DRIVE!

quote:
Originally posted by BloenCustoms:

"propositioned" icon_eek.gif<-m- by an "alternate lifestyle person". I did nothing to warrant this and think it was pretty inappropriate of this guy to do this. I went on to finish the cache with Ron, but was kinda perplexed as to whether this happens all the time while caching or am I just that handsome? Please Reply, Dave

BLOEN Customs Crew

I think it was all you, dude!!! LOL.

"Yes Virginia, there are places where very strange men hang out that you should avoid, dear."

Hopefully you won't have that experience too often Dave, but if you do, I'd start thinking maybe you are just that handsome...LOL.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

A few years ago I was living in Wiscsonsin and was birdwatching in a park along the lake north of Milwaukee. Suddenly, a guy wearing only his shoes approached me and ask if I would take pictures of him. He obviously mistook my spotting scope for a camera. The whole time, he was, er, um, manipulating himself.

I told him to go to hell or some other answer but he continued to get closer and kept asking me to take his picture. I tried to keep my distance. Finally, at about 10 feet, he lunged toward me. I swung my tripod and whacked him in the forehead with the head end. Since this is a Bogen tripod, the head is very solid and heavy. It dropped him immediately.

I quickly proceeded back up the hill toward the parking lot to get my cell phone from my car and call the cops. Another birder had seen the whole event and had already called the police. She thought it was pretty funny the way I dropped him.

A few minutes later the police arrived. We told them where to find the guy and they headed off. They come back in a few minutes with the guy in cuffs.

I lost a chunk of the rest of the morning filling out paperwork and police statements. Thank goodness for the witness. The guy was eventually charged on several counts and he plead guilty to all of them saving me a visit to the courthouse.

He did threaten to sue me for clobbering him but never did. If he should, I have good witness statements. Maybe someone told him it doesn't look good when the assailant tries to sue the victim.

I did send this story to Bogen thanking them for building such well made products. It wasn't quite the intended use for 3130 fluid head but it worked. Come to think of it, they never did respond.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

I just read Dave's post, yeah, He was over by the car gettin his TB while I was lurking around the cache. He came walking up and said "some dude Just hit on me!" What's really funny is we had some T-shirts made for our paintball team (BLOEN) that said "get bloen" on the sleeve. I think the guy might have taken it the wrong way. It reminds me of a time I was out at the lakefront with some friends playing frisbee, and there was a young couple tanning on the grass nearby. Some guy just walked right up to their beach towel and stared at the chick for about ten minutes. They finally got up and left. You never know what you'll run into out there...

By the way, I've got one of those tripods for my camera. That thing is very sturdy. I think it might be more stable than the tripods I used working for a surveor, and that's saying a lot. I't's neat the way you have three different angles to set the legs, and if I remember right, you can take the head out and put it in upside down for shots close to the ground.

[This message was edited by BloenCustoms on February 23, 2003 at 10:15 AM.]

quote:

"propositioned" icon_eek.gif<-m- by an "alternate lifestyle person".

Were you wearing a dress? icon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

SteveL

These are my opinions and only my opinions, unless you share them as well, which would make them our opinions, but I am not of the opinion that I can express your opinion as my opinion without your prior expression of said opinion, and then my re-utterance of that opinion would, in my opinion, be foolish unless I were expressing agreement to your opinion, and then it wouldn't be my opinion but your opinion to which I only agree.

quote:
Originally posted by gm100guy:

Maybe the Texas cachers will have a solution for you.

ROTFLMAO. You guys kill me. Dunno, I guess it would depend just how insistant this individual was. I have been accused of intimidating people just by looking at them. Something about the look of an individual who is sure of his ability and all that $h1t. DUNNO.....

Guess it would depend. I think my rules of life would apply here to. I would rather walk away than argue. Rather argue than fight. Rather fight than use pepper-foam. Rather use pepper-foam than shoot. But in the end the situation might not be in my control. But the outcome would be, and that is I would make it home. The other guy, it is up to him. If he didn't let me walk away, continued to seek more than an arguement, and pepper-foam didn't stop him, well.... something would have to give.

Fortunately, we don't seem to have problems like that out here. Things are peaceful. And I hope they stay that way.

Texans are like rattlesnakes. Leave us alone and we don't strike.

OK... here is your answer. If you see that guy again, tell him you have a tatoo on your butt that says "ONE WAY ONLY - OUT".

icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:

Ever see Deliverance? Makes me think twice about the backcountry. icon_biggrin.gif

I probably shouldn't put this jab in here, but I just can't help it.

Do you think the storyline of "Deliverance" would have been different had the good guys been armed and able to defend themselves?

I don't worry much about most things I meet in the back-country. But the thing I do watch closest of all is another man. Condition yellow - no real threat, but alert and aware. This is how I live.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

In the end, they DID have weapons, albiet bows and arrows. Now, if he had a pistol on his belt,(in the movie's scenario) I don't believe the situation would have even begun. The mere sight of a weapon on the other man's person would probably have quenched any desire to do harm. Unfortunately for the characters, those arrows arrived a little too late. icon_eek.gif

Don't even think about putting those muddy boots in my car.

If memory serves...the evil moonshine hick dude simply stepped out from behind a tree and pointed his gun at someone at pretty much point blank range. Even if Ned was wearing a pistol would he be quick enough a draw to make a difference? I suppose if they were ALL wearing pistols they might have been left alone...but they were out of state weren't they? Can you take pistols across state lines and carry them wherever?

Can you tell I live in Jersey? icon_razz.gif

Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore

quote:
Originally posted by Faderaven:

Can you take pistols across state lines and carry them wherever?

Currently, Texas has a reciprocol agrement with Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Wyoming. (Texas DPS info) The Texas license is also recognized by Idaho, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, Utah, and Vermont. (TSRA info). Other agreements are pending. There may be more, it is hard to keep up and I only really bone up on our recipricity if I am going to be travelling.

I can legally carry my legally licensed defensive weapon in any of those states. Furthermore, a resident of any one of those states can also legally carry in Texas.

El Paso, Texas.

quote:

Can you take pistols across state lines and carry them wherever?

Depends on the state. As a Texan who can legally carry, I can carry concealed in all our border states but New Mexico. It is also legal in several other states. About 15 in all right now. Arizona and Vermont are the best because you can carry either concealed or open. There I carry whichever way strikes me at the moment.

quote:

Yes. icon_wink.gif

The Bohican

--

Not Necessarily Interesting News

...strapped to your hip all day? Isn't it uncomfortable in those tiny movie theater chairs? How do you accessorize? Revolver for casual wear, automatic for formal? Do you ever run into those embarasssing situations where you run into someone who's wearing the same gun as you? icon_eek.gif

Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore

quote:

...strapped to your hip all day?

Yes. Everyday. Anytime I leave the house. Do you take your purse or wallet? To me it's just another thing I carry.

quote:

Isn't it uncomfortable in those tiny movie theater chairs? How do you accessorize? Revolver for casual wear, automatic for formal? Do you ever run into those embarasssing situations where you run into someone who's wearing the same gun as you?

Nope. It's a part of me I don't even realize it's there.

I accessorize with a two magazine pouch on the other hip to balance out the weight and a 4" knife in the back pocket. icon_smile.gif

Automatic for all occasions. A nice flat black auto goes with everything.

I compliment them on their choice of firearms. icon_smile.gif

Seeing someone else's firearm in Texas would be a bad thing though. Being careless and letting someone see you packing can get your license suspended. Wouldn't want to frighten the sheep and all.

The Bohican

--

Not Necessarily Interesting News

[This message was edited by Team Bohica on February 25, 2003 at 08:06 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team Bohica:

As a Texan who can legally carry, I can carry concealed in all our border states but New Mexico.

And the law in NM is such that your vehicle is considered the same as your home. As such, you may carry and defend it without license. If you leave your weapon secured in the vehicle, nothing will ever be said.

Also, carrying a loaded concealed handgun in NM IS illegal, but the fine is $50.00, and I know of no one who has ever been fined unless there was another crime involving the gun already in progress.

Funny, isn't it.... all these handguns out here in the west and we do not have gunfights in the streets. Furthermore, for the most part we have lower crime rates too.

Wish the sheeple would give that some thought rather than just being phobic about it.

El Paso, Texas.

quote:

With some notable exceptions of blatent stupidity, like Washington, DC, you can transport your legally owned guns almost anywhere in the country, including NJ. All that matters is that they're transported correctly (in NJ, that means unloaded and inaccessible prefereable locked in the trunk) and that they're legal where you end up.

ApK

Carrying a concealed weapon is illegal in Canada.Plus if you were to wear one in the open the police would be on you so fast your head would spin.

I went down to Montana last summer for vacation and I was surprised that you could wear a gun practically anywhere you wanted except for places with a no weapons sign posted. met some friendly Texans Living there boy were they proud of their guns. they liked me so much they gave me a huge wicked looking knife

More to see, More to do

quote:
Originally posted by ApK:

With some notable exceptions of blatent stupidity, like Washington, DC,

ApK

And Morton Grove IL. Great little place for the criminals. Surrounding cities saw a drop in their crime when that law was passed. Wonder where they all went?

How about the other side of the coin... Kennisaw GA. It is illegal to live there without a gun. Just 30 miles out of Atlanta, it has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. I cannot explain why, but it does!

El Paso, Texas.

Wow this thread sems to have veered way off topic? Just wondering if there are any gun-toting sneaker-wearing alternative lifestyle propositioners in west texas? Then WWYD? icon_razz.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

Sounds like you may have been caching on _the far end_ of Bourbon street. You know what I'm talking about... A couple of blocks past Pat O'Brien's where things start to get strange.

icon_razz.gif

Yep. Especially now until next Tuesday (Fat Tuesday that is, Mardi Gras). If you go two blocks in the wrong direction past the Bourbo-cam cache there's no telling what you'll see.

I think in South Dakota you can carry a gun visibly on your hip without a permit, but you need one to carry it conceled or in a car (cost $10, and one easy form). Right know we honor 10 other states permits, and 11 other states honor ours. This is increasing as people make request (all the states need is to have similar or stricker gun control, which is not hard since we are pretty lose about it).

You can check your states status at www.packing.org .

Wyatt W.

How did we end up at guns again...?

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

quote:
Originally posted by phantom4099:

How did we end up at guns again...?

Well, it was like this. The original post was about a certain sort of proposition and how it was handled.

Later, one message made reference to a certain scene in the movie "Deliverance".

Then I couldn't help but ask the obvious question, "Would the story-line of that movie been different had the good guys been armed.

Then some questions were raised about legal carry. Some of it was quite educational.

See, there was a natural progression to it all. Sometimes it is interesting to read a thread and see the twists and turns a group makes.

Y-all have a great day!!!

El Paso, Texas.