4.5lb Walleye GCDFB

Looks like it could easily be dark by the time they arrive at gz. From their 8:30 start time today, they look about half way.

Its far north that the sun doesnt set until late in the evening.

They are just taking their sweet time today. Or I am just in a hurry for them to get to GZ. :laughing:

Based on the distance between the last couple of SPOT waypoints it looks like they're picking up some current. I bet that they're itching to get to GZ soon and may push the last 15 miles or so to make sure they get there before dark...or, they could mess with us and stop just short of GZ and search for it in the morning.

:ph34r:

All in all, I am so glad they are allowing us to have fun watching their trip. This is very addicted! All day long, I am keeping a eye on his SPOT page.

Earlier today, there was a track mark that didnt show up and my heart stop for a moment while I was waiting for the next track mark to show up.

I wish there is a tracker on the SPOT page to show how many people are watching it.

yeah, am one of the newer 209 watchers, have to admit, have really enjoyed the blog spot tracking thing he had, its amazing to be able to see their progress and even occasional field notes like that where anyone in the world can see how they are doing. Can't think of many of my finds would have been that riveting to watch but hopefully more exciting than a lamp post.

My caching got shortened today due to RL changes of plan but now I get to stay closer to this action as they reach this last island to get through.

7.21 miles (as the crow flies)

How far from the river is the cache?

Also, I know they talked with the CO, so do we know if there is any good swag in the cache? (I hope we're not dealing with a micro! <_< ) What swag do they plan to leave?

Edited by wmpastor

I'm looking forward to seeing the custom message come through saying "QEF TFTC". :laughing:

:rolleyes:

What is the record for the longest online cache found log ?

If they are keeping notes on their whole trip, they could easily transcribe those into the found log giving us details of the whole trip from where they put in (including pictures I hope).

The cache page says that the cache is about 75 yards from the river.

I read his question wrong. Yes, just up the bank in the trees. Base on all those pictures I been seeing along this river, I got a good idea how it was hidden.

I'm looking forward to seeing the custom message come through saying "QEF TFTC". :laughing:

If they are keeping notes on their whole trip, they could easily transcribe those into the found log giving us details of the whole trip from where they put in (including pictures I hope).

Isn't there a character limit on a "found" log?

uh huh... I know a guy that went on and on and on. I think he landed around 5 logs. :rolleyes:

The cache page says that the cache is about 75 yards from the river.

I read his question wrong. Yes, just up the bank in the trees. Base on all those pictures I been seeing along this river, I got a good idea how it was hidden.

I hope you're not gonna tell us you saw a lamppost in that photo?!

Yes, but you get around that by posting notes - you just have to figure out where you page breaks are before posting.

So what's the plan on swag-swaps? Has the CO said he left a nice FTF prize?

Ok, I was typing while you were typing.

Guess the CO didn't realize that fate would throw him onto the stage for a historical event! :P

Edited by wmpastor
Red plastic cache:

Mark Osborne hockey card

Steve's guitar pick

3' phone cord

$.55 Canadian Tire Money

$.46 Canadian Stamp

Mead Note Pad

Pencil

Lip balm

Vinnies game token

Mepps fishing lure

Guitar pick?!? I came all this way for a guitar pick?!? :laughing:

The 3' phone cord is even funner!!

Red plastic cache:

Mark Osborne hockey card

Steve's guitar pick

3' phone cord

$.55 Canadian Tire Money

$.46 Canadian Stamp

Mead Note Pad

Pencil

Lip balm

Vinnies game token

Mepps fishing lure

Imagine how much that Mark Osborne hockey card is worth now. Getting to collect that makes the trip worthwhile. B)

Red plastic cache:

Mark Osborne hockey card

Steve's guitar pick

3' phone cord

$.55 Canadian Tire Money

$.46 Canadian Stamp

Mead Note Pad

Pencil

Lip balm

Vinnies game token

Mepps fishing lure

Imagine how much that Mark Osborne hockey card is worth now. Getting to collect that makes the trip worthwhile. B)

Let's hope the "red plastic cache" is watertight - or that "valuable" card may be mush!

Base on just looking at the map, I think just under 8 miles.

Anyone else?

I think wmpastor was asking how far the cache is from the river at it's closet point. The cache page indicates it's about 75 feet from the river. 5.6 miles to go.

Red plastic cache:

Mark Osborne hockey card

Steve's guitar pick

3' phone cord

$.55 Canadian Tire Money

$.46 Canadian Stamp

Mead Note Pad

Pencil

Lip balm

Vinnies game token

Mepps fishing lure

Only if its in good shape. Most idem dont do well in a geocache for that long.

what time is it where they are right now? I'm in the UK - so already evening here!

I believe its central time zone. Its 2.36pm. Fort Albany is Eastern time zone.

That part of Ontario is in the eastern time zone, so as I type this, it is 4:12 in the afternoon.

what time is it where they are right now? I'm in the UK - so already evening here!

I believe its central time zone. Its 2.36pm. Fort Albany is Eastern time zone.

That part of Ontario is in the eastern time zone, so as I type this, it is 4:12 in the afternoon.

Thank you, I wasnt really sure because the time zone map I saw was too small.

How about "FTF! I love it when a plan comes together." Has a nice ring to it. :laughing:

I hope not. This adventure is much, much more than that silly FTF side game.

I agree! If someone make this trip next year to get all those new caches this guy is hiding, I would follow his SPOT if he got one.

A trip like this is a once in a lifetime trip. The FTF is nothing on a trip like this. Its all about the adventure.

I had to look up QEF on the internet as I had never used it before. Just a quick google search for QEF Geocaching will get you.

Have yet to see a baseball card last a long time in a cache, much less 13 years. I have put some in soft sleeves, then hard sleeves, then a baggie and then a container and even then worry about mold or temperature issues and the like.

I had to look up QEF on the internet as I had never used it before. Just a quick google search for QEF Geocaching will get you.

Have yet to see a baseball card last a long time in a cache, much less 13 years. I have put some in soft sleeves, then hard sleeves, then a baggie and then a container and even then worry about mold or temperature issues and the like.

I been seeing "QEF" in the last year. Not sure when the first time I saw it.