4.5lb Walleye GCDFB

Now that others have posted, congrats! I can't believe it was found in near perfect condition after all this time!

And we were with you. Each dragonfly and mosquito represent one of us from around the world who has been here cheering you on!!!!

Now I can get back to work and not blame you for loosing my job :anitongue:

So the cache was buried? Who's going to submit the Needs Archive log? :laughing:

Just kidding.

Congratulations! You're now a geocaching legend! I look forward to seeing more about the entire trip.

I was about a minute into the video where he was showing all the holes when the timer went for dinner, so I had to stop and tend to that. I was itching to get back to the computer and watch the rest to see how it ended. :laughing:

A few black flies out there, huh? I wasn't expecting that or anything. :lol: Congratulations. this is amazing! Snat, are you reading this? You have no chance of being Geocacher of the year for 2013. Stormgren-X is Geocacher of the year. Even if he is a hoser from Sudbury, we're still naming him US Geocacher of the year. :laughing:

Congrats!

I've also been following along the last few days...

I'm amazed at the great condition of the cache. And holy cow, those skitters were the size of birds!!

Well done, and thanks for the days of entertainment.

Edited by L&Ls_mom

WOW!!! After all these years, the cache is in good shape. I am very surprised.

Anyone else notice that he put the logbook back in the plastic baggie without signing it?

I've seen a lot of caches that are almost brand new that aren't in that good of shape.

The one thing that struck me as off was the paper at the bottom of the cache looked dry and new mind you it might have been covered entirely in tape.

Edited by Roman!

Anyone else notice that he put the logbook back in the plastic baggie without signing it?

I've seen a lot of caches that are almost brand new that aren't in that good of shape.

The only thing that got my attention is how "new" the plastic bags were. And the container got my attention as well, I see them in Oregon and they fail after a first major rain.

/not a 9-11 truther

Edited by SwineFlew

Wow!! Awesome!!

I got to say I am utterly shocked with how well that cache is holding up. Major props to you guys! Congratulations!!

The cache held up because n00bs are not trashing it every week! :lol: But seriously, the covering and protection from the sun helped. The sun can be tougher on plastic than water.

And finally, congratulations, Stormgren-X! An epic trip, and overcoming the insects itself was a major feat!

The only thing that got my attention is how "new" the plastic bag were. And the container got my attention as well, I see them in Oregon and they fail after a first major rain.

/not a 9-11 truther

:drama:

Whew, after three attempts to upload this vid.... Here it is!

http://wikisend.com/download/379730/trim.LOh4MT.MOV

It is a short clip. More to come of the adventure! I plan to write a full report!

Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement and interest! Wish I could have had all of you with us!

Just AWESOME. :)B)

And you are indeed the master of understatement 'the cache was in pretty good shape'. :lol:

I certainly hope you enjoy your new 'Geocaching Rock-star' status...certainly well deserved and you earned it!

With enough determination, the impossible is merely difficult.

And let's not forget the cache owner, without their effort none of this would be possible. :wub:

Whew, after three attempts to upload this vid.... Here it is!

http://wikisend.com/download/379730/trim.LOh4MT.MOV

It is a short clip. More to come of the adventure! I plan to write a full report!

Thank you to everyone for your support, encouragement and interest! Wish I could have had all of you with us!

Congrats to both of you. Thanks so much for all that you did to keep us in the loop. As you can tell by reading this thread, we were watching all the way.

I hope that you are able to make some kind of a blog with pictures and description of your trip.

Great video! Congratulations!!

Still a bit confused as to whether those were really big mosquitoes or dragonflies. :blink:

Black Flies Generally an Eastern North American Northern Latttudes thing, although that article is somewhat confusing, and mentions New Zealand and Scotland. :huh:

Black flies at the beginning of the video by the river; but at the end in the bush, definitely mosquitoes - large ones!

Just got in from some 'emergency' plumbing... Congrats on the trip and results..

Haven't seen the video yet, I just did the download. I'll be back after something to eat.

Ok, had a snack and then figured out what (on this computer, old one) would play the video... definitely lots of bugs, but that is Northern Ontario in the spring early summer. Good job!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Channels through a delta region frequently change, silt in, get overgrown, new channels form. Maps, paper or in a GPS cannot be depended on.

Tomorrow the biggest challenge will be to properly navigate the delta as they work their way into Fort Albany. But I'm confident that they'll figure it out.

I'll plead ignorance here. Can someone give a quick explaination why navigatint the delta should be so hard ? The blog of the trip in 1983 (1984?) mentioned that they were concerned but they only had paper maps to guide them. Not a fancy gps like these guys do.

I'm curious, too. It's all new to me. I've never been anywhere like that before.

And the suspense is killing me. Find some wifi already!! Lol

Also, thank you for letting me know about Canadian Tire Money, something I'd never ever heard of!

I don't think you can really call yourself a true Canadian unless you have a wad of Canadian Tire Money collecting dust somewhere! :laughing: I keep mine stuck to my fridge with a rare-earth magnet.

Also, from the find log:

Took guitar pick and fishing lure, left Geocoin and Killarney Provincial Park patch.

I was a bit worried that you'd left someone else's coin in such a cache, but I checked and see it's yours. I definitely wouldn't want one of my coins getting stuck in a cache for 12 years! :laughing:

Also, thank you for letting me know about Canadian Tire Money, something I'd never ever heard of!

I don't think you can really call yourself a true Canadian unless you have a wad of Canadian Tire Money collecting dust somewhere! :laughing: I keep mine stuck to my fridge with a rare-earth magnet.

Also, from the find log:

Took guitar pick and fishing lure, left Geocoin and Killarney Provincial Park patch.

I was a bit worried that you'd left someone else's coin in such a cache, but I checked and see it's yours. I definitely wouldn't want one of my coins getting stuck in a cache for 12 years! :laughing:

Better than in someone dresser.