4.5lb Walleye GCDFB

I had to look up QEF on the internet as I had never used it before.

I been seeing "QEF" in the last year. Not sure when the first time I saw it.

It's been a pretty commonly used term around here since I started caching 4+ years ago. I usually reserve its use for things like park 'n' grabs that aren't difficult to find.

I wonder if it's a regional thing. I just checked GeoLex, and they don't have it listed.

The SPOT page seem to have a problem not refreshing correctly. I wonder if the heavy load is doing something.

It seems to be working okay for me.

It looks like they've stopped on the south side of Fishing Creek Island, because the last three reports were all in basically the same spot.

The SPOT page seem to have a problem not refreshing correctly. I wonder if the heavy load is doing something.

It looks like they've stopped on the south side of Fishing Creek Island, because the last three reports were all in basically the same spot.

Doh me... I failed to see that.

Getting too excite! Cant think straight! :laughing:

I had to look up QEF on the internet as I had never used it before.

I been seeing "QEF" in the last year. Not sure when the first time I saw it.

It's been a pretty commonly used term around here since I started caching 4+ years ago. I usually reserve its use for things like park 'n' grabs that aren't difficult to find.

I wonder if it's a regional thing. I just checked GeoLex, and they don't have it listed.

Its more of a regional thing. I see them, once a while but not very often.

Doh me... I failed to see that.

Getting too excite! Cant think straight! :laughing:

It looks like they were either taking a break or just messing with us, because they're on the move again.

I think they ought to set camp now and hunt for the cache tomorrow when nice and fresh. Don't want to risk a DNF due to being too tired.

Or they could get to GZ, have a look, if they fail to find it set up camp and check again in the morning.....

I think they ought to set camp now and hunt for the cache tomorrow when nice and fresh. Don't want to risk a DNF due to being too tired.

Or they could get to GZ, have a look, if they fail to find it set up camp and check again in the morning.....

If it was me, it would be more like look for it, set up camp, look some more, eat some dinner, look some more, look some more, look some more, sleep for a bit, look some more...

ah, he posted a note, it needs to be rot13 decoded....puvyy bhg ngrnz

Ha, ha, ha. Very funny. I'm just picking up where SwineFlew left off.

hehe. Darn, Time to go meet some guy at CraigsList and see if this bike works for my kid. Duty calls. Wanted to keep watching!

One word ... adrenaline!

Waiting 'til tomorrow carries a much, much larger risk ---- being second-to-find! :D

:laughing: PMSL

or maybe he's setting up camp and having his dinner and we have to wait until tomorrow for the next installment .

I hope not! The youngest T has a birthday party to attend 3-5pm our time.......first spot track today was just before 3pm - I don't want to miss the arrival at GZ :o

Correct me if I'm wrong (silly, why would I put that? This is the caching forums, right?). We likely won't know if he finds the cache until he gets to Ft Albany. I think the Spot device has only a single custom message which we have already seen several times. So unless he has a sat phone that he breaks out a GZ we won't know how the hunt goes until he arrives at the fort. Just more drama! :laughing:

Edited by GeoTrekker26

Correct me if I'm wrong (silly, why would I put that? This is the caching forums, right?). We likely won't know if he finds the cache until he gets to Ft Albany. I think the Spot device has only a single custom message which we have already seen several times. So unless he has a sat phone that he breaks out a GZ we won't know how the hunt goes until he arrives at the fort. Just more drama! :laughing:

He never said which model spot device he has. This one has at least two custom messages. I watched their video, and you set these up yourself at a computer, so you can send them later from the field. We have seen at least two custom message from him, the one about "experiencing bad weather or high winds", or the one about "Hi everyone, nice weather, on the move". I'm paraphrasing in both cases, but we have seen at least two. Lets hope this particular spot device holds up to 4, with the other two being "FTF" or "DNF". :laughing:

He never said which model spot device he has. This one has at least two custom messages. I watched their video, and you set these up yourself at a computer, so you can send them later from the field. We have seen at least two custom message from him, the one about "experiencing bad weather or high winds", or the one about "Hi everyone, nice weather, on the move". I'm paraphrasing in both cases, but we have seen at least two. Lets hope this particular spot device holds up to 4, with the other two being "FTF" or "DNF". :laughing:

Shhhhh. Dont spill the beans. I figured it was pre custom messages.

We can hope!!

So far he has sent one custom message several times: the poor weather with little or no progress today. And a check in message, I think sent only once: on the move today, good weather, having fun. Each message is a separate button on the device and I believe each button can only send the message that was previously created.

But we can hope he has a device that offers more options! Or maybe he has someone who will edit the Spot account when he gets to GZ so that one button sends FOUND and one send DNF.

I used to work up there, and have many good local friends who tried to take me several times. Ma Nature always won out and we never ever got there. I had posted quite a few attempt logs on the cache page.

I hope the cachers take some time in Albany to meet some locals. Ed Metatawabin and his wife Joan would be the greatest people for them to meet. Ed built his home from logs he dragged out of the Albany River.

Wishing them luck and a safe trip! Bushland airways out of Moosonee would be a good company to fly them out of Albany with their gear to Moosonee to take the train south.