Waymark on Travel Channel

DougK

A new series just started on the Travel Channel called Monumental Mysteries.

In episode 3 (to be reshown Sunday morning 7AM) there's a story about the failure of a safety net used during construction of the Golden Gate Bridge to catch falling workers. Anyway, at about 0:38 minutes in, a bronze plaque is shown that was erected on the bridge to the workers who were killed during bridge construction. The interesting part is that the show creators discovered the plaque pictures from a waymark of mine:

WMBC3T

They contacted me to ask if they could get the use of the full resolution photos that I took. I had to sign some release documents for their protection. They did some Ken Burns effects on a couple of them near the end of the story.

Excellent Doug! That sure beats my story of the local radio station just taking one of my Municipal Flag pictures off the site without permission and getting mad when I called them on it! :lol:

Dern, this makes you like famous! We'll hafta get your picture on the comic book shop wall - right next to Leonard's! :D

Seriously, excellent news for you and for the hobby! Congratulations!