movie

i once watched a movie,a romantic comedy ,where the conservative guy gets involved with a free spirit girl. during the course of their adventures together,she makes a side trip to a lake or river,a hang-out for neo-hippie types,in order to find a geo-cache.it was in the water,an ammo box size and she removed a trinket,colourful,perhaps a butterfly or unicorn/my little pony. that one scene was the only reference to cacheing,it was not a movie about cacheing. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the movie or anything else about it! Can anybody here help?

that one scene was the only reference to cacheing,it was not a movie about cacheing.

Like they said... actually, they found at least two, maybe three caches. I was one of about 3 people who paid money to go see it when it opened in NYC.

I liked it! The magician and his assistant stole the show IMHO. Started out as laughable idiots but ended up as about the only ones who got what they were after and were happy with it. But, no, it wasn't about geocaching.

that one scene was the only reference to cacheing,it was not a movie about cacheing.

Like they said... actually, they found at least two, maybe three caches. I was one of about 3 people who paid money to go see it when it opened in NYC.

I liked it! The magician and his assistant stole the show IMHO. Started out as laughable idiots but ended up as about the only ones who got what they were after and were happy with it. But, no, it wasn't about geocaching.

Apparently it only "opened" in a theater in NYC and two other theaters, and has a total domestic Gross of $16,392 Box Office Mojo page for Splinterheads It was a very small independent film, and despite them getting a few "name" actors in it, and excellent support from Geocaching.com, it most certainly did not go on to become the next Napoleon Dynamite. :laughing:

I liked it though. And yes, the Magician and his assistant stole the show. I believe he was called "The Amazing Steve"? The film was rated "R", and when it was new, there were actually a bunch of people in this forum opining it was crass, and contained crude language. Didn't bother me a bit.

If you're still around hukilaulau, wasn't it filmed mainly on Long Island? Or maybe upstate from NYC a little, in the Catskills region? I can't remember. Let's just say somewhere in NY.

Edited by Mr.Yuck