Geocaching settings for Garmin Etrex 10

We have had our Etrex 10 for almost a week now and have used it nearly every day. To be honest we love the unit but found the instructions, including the manual you download, poor.

Best advice I would give is to experiment. Try different settings to see what works best for you. Currently we use the map with 4 small data boxes: one for distance to cache, one for heading (direction of travel), one for the time (it's so easy to lose track when absorbed in the hunt) and one for estimated time till reach GZ.

After learning the basics we bought a GPS for Walkers book (Pathfinder Guide) which is produced for the British market although which ever country your in you'll find an equivalent. This is full of useful tips and advice to help you get more from your GPS. With the help of this book I am about to set up a walk for the weekend using caches as waymarkers along the route.

As said, experiment. What's best for you might not suit someone else and visa versa.

Sorry I can't provide a graph, but hope I've given food for thought.