OSM Generic Routable New Style Maps

What is the difference between the OSM generic routable maps and the new style maps? My son and I both went to find a GC in the woods yesterday, GCMB9M, and the OSM mpa on my son's Etrex 20 showed the trails, while the one on my 62s did not. I thought I must have had an older version of the OSM, so I downloaded a new copy of the new style map last night, uploaded to my card, and turned on my 62s, only to find that I still do not have the trails on my GPS. The only map that he has turned on is the OSM Generic. He has no park custom map for that area.

Thanks,

What is the difference between the OSM generic routable maps and the new style maps? My son and I both went to find a GC in the woods yesterday, GCMB9M, and the OSM mpa on my son's Etrex 20 showed the trails, while the one on my 62s did not. I thought I must have had an older version of the OSM, so I downloaded a new copy of the new style map last night, uploaded to my card, and turned on my 62s, only to find that I still do not have the trails on my GPS. The only map that he has turned on is the OSM Generic. He has no park custom map for that area.

Thanks,

Are you zoomed in to 300 meters or less? small streets do not show if not zoomed in

I did not delete the old maps. Since I could not see the track on my 62s, I created a new OSM map (new style) and copied it onto my card. I have since made a 3rd OSM map (original style), copied it onto my 62s, and I can see the trail. I have "most detail" setting, as I did before. Now that I have gone back to the original style map, I do see the trail. Perhaps the new style OSM maps do not have as much detail??? I could not find any info. on the FAQs.

Yes, it was a surprise to me too. When I went to the OSM page it offered me the choice of generic routable -- which was the normal option -- or "new style". I have copied the text from the website, as well as the link. It seems, based on my one GC, that the new style has less detail. Definitely not a comprehensive check, but I am wondering what others have found.

map selection Choose your map type:

- Generic Routable

- Generic Routable (testing new style)

- Routable Bicycle (Openfietsmap Lite)

- Generic Nautical (non-routable)

http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/#help

I did not delete the old maps. Since I could not see the track on my 62s, I created a new OSM map (new style) and copied it onto my card.

You can cause problems by having multiple versions of the same maps on the unit at the same time. If they are not setup properly, the unit can mix and match old and new.