Messaging other members

Lonemorf

Hi,

So since being a member, I have sent 3 messages to other members - assuming at least one replied, where would I get that message? I cannot see it anywhere - I may have not received a reply (I would have hoped that I would though!)

Cheers

J

Hi,

So since being a member, I have sent 3 messages to other members - assuming at least one replied, where would I get that message? I cannot see it anywhere - I may have not received a reply (I would have hoped that I would though!)

Cheers

J

It would come through as an email.

If you selected "send my email address" with the message you'd get an email reply coming directly from them. If you didn't you'd get a message from the geocaching web site saying they were contacting you.

IMO if you don't send your email it's less likely you'll get a reply. For me if someone sends me a message through the site and includes their email address it's easy enough to write a reply that I usually do, unless it's clear no reply is needed. If they don't and I have to click through to fill in the site's message box it's less likely I'll bother. It's only a few extra clicks, it just feels like more effort to me so I'm less likely to make the effort unless it seems useful.

Further to what team tisri said, there's also the possibility that the emails have been flagged as spam and may be sitting in your spam folder. As a test of this, I've sent you a message at the same time I've posted this. If you get that test email, then everything's working. If not, then that means emails being sent from "noreply@geocaching.com" are being flagged as spam. Most email systems have a function where you can "white-list", or explicitly allow all email from an address, and you'll need to do that for that email address.

Also, you should have received several emails when you submitted your "A Legacy" cache, as well as an email for each of the 6 finds on it. Likewise as above, if you haven't seen those emails, they've probably been flagged as spam.

I'll repeat what's already been said ... send me an email without your email address and I'm unlikely to respond. I'd rather do everything in my email program on my phone. The extra clicks are a hassle, especially if you want to reply and quote the original note/question.

To save mucking around, I have added a different email address - will see if that "solves" it.

Unless the new email address is with a different email provider, it likely won't.

What's your email provider? If you let us know that, we might be able to look up whether they have an automatic spam filter or something.