Do you think this would work as a TB?

M4RKO

I love 3d origami, and originally I was just thinking about making some pieces to leave as swag, because I think it's something I'D love to find, and it's not really expensive because it's just paper. Here's an image just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. If you google image search it, you'll find tons more.

ei1qnk.jpg

(Note: I probably wouldn't make a TB out of a swan because the neck is probably too delicate for rough handling, but maybe still leave it as swag somewhere...)

My boyfriend suggested I make a TB out of a piece of 3d origami, which I think is an awesome idea, but I'm not sure if it'd really work out. It'd be perfect in the sense of "never release a TB you're not willing to lose" because if I lost it I could easily make another, and like I said, it's just paper. But that right there is also my main concern -- it's just paper.

I do coat them with a clear glue/sealant, which makes them a lot sturdier and you can drop them and they'll stay together, but I don't think it makes them completely waterproof. So maybe I'd have to put it in a plastic baggie...?

So, like the thread title says, do you think this would work as a TB? Or should I just stick to the idea of leaving them as swag? Any suggestions?

Nooooooooooooooooo don't do it!!

Those are really really neat!!! Anything that is really really neat....will never survive as a TB because someone will steal it, kids with dirty scrubby hands will fondle it, the dog will chew on it,and it'll definitely get crushed... Don't bother putting it inside a box. Human nature is to take it out of the box and fondle it. As soon as its fondled....it'll never ever ever look the same again. They're way too fragile!!!

How about making a photo of one and put it inside a plastic sleeve. Or a booklet of photos.... Or, if you could find someone who could carve it into hard plastic....??

You should sell those on ebay or something!

Edited by Lieblweb

Those are wonderful creations!

If you ever go to any local geocaching events where they're having a raffle I bet they'd love one of your items for a prize, but I agree with the others that they're far too fragile to be used as swag.

A geocacher near here leaves small, flapping origami cranes in caches as his signature item. :)

MrsB

Still, very cool stuff,

I think so too! And really easy to make, all of those above I just followed a youtube tutorial to make. The hardest part is folding all those triangles, and that's more tedious than difficult.

Those are wonderful creations!

If you ever go to any local geocaching events where they're having a raffle I bet they'd love one of your items for a prize, but I agree with the others that they're far too fragile to be used as swag.

A geocacher near here leaves small, flapping origami cranes in caches as his signature item. :)

MrsB

That's an awesome idea! I'd really love to do that. I haven't been to any events yet, and the ones I've seen near me usually seem like meet ups at a local food joint, so those probably don't have raffles...but if I ever go to one I will have to bring a piece of 3D origami along just in case.