Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Incredibles_

Welcome your comments

I've put together a presentation for my child's school. It will be printed out and put on poster boards.

As it is for a bioregional fair and will be on display at a school, I have tried to focus on the educational and local aspects of geocaching.

Please feel free to look at it and let me know if you have any comments.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx0aGVpbmNyZWRpYmxlc3B1enpsZXN8Z3g6MTZmMjE4NDdhZmQ0ODY4OA

Edited by The_Incredibles_

I've put together a presentation for my child's school. It will be printed out and put on poster boards.

Wow! That's a cool presentation!

Edited by kunarion

I'd clarify the definition of the word cache. "A collection of items of the same type stored in a hidden or inaccessible place."

Sometimes people start out with a completely different idea of the meaning and you have to spend time to fix their confusion.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Wow! That's a cool presentation!

Comprehensive, yet also very interesting to read. Nice job!

Overall, I think it looks good. It seems to emphasize puzzles a bit much, but I suppose that's part of the "focus on the educational [...] aspects of geocaching".

Just a couple quibbles: First, I wouldn't say that "unknown" is a size. I'd just list the four official sizes (maybe including nano as a type of micro).

And it seems confusing to use the same question-mark icon for both puzzle caches and night caches. I think it would be less confusing to use the question-mark icon for mystery/puzzle caches (describing them as a catch-all), with a separate sub-list of common sub-types (puzzle, night, challenge, etc.).

But really, you've done a great job!

Overall, I think it looks good. It seems to emphasize puzzles a bit much, but I suppose that's part of the "focus on the educational [...] aspects of geocaching".

Just a couple quibbles: First, I wouldn't say that "unknown" is a size. I'd just list the four official sizes (maybe including nano as a type of micro).

And it seems confusing to use the same question-mark icon for both puzzle caches and night caches. I think it would be less confusing to use the question-mark icon for mystery/puzzle caches (describing them as a catch-all), with a separate sub-list of common sub-types (puzzle, night, challenge, etc.).

But really, you've done a great job!

Puzzles - you're right. Turns out, there's only so much room on 2 poster boards so I'm having to print off the puzzle stuff, staple and leave on the table. Same goes for the checklist of parks.

Will take your other suggestions too. Thanks.