Garmin 450t - help with setting up

Hi guys, I'm slowly getting use to my new garmin, i must admit i do still find it 'old tech' i think the term is and not easy to setup if you are a GPS virgin, so I'm afraid a need your help with a few things please........... firstly once i have downloaded some new maps where do put them and then if i pick two maps does that automatically 'over lay'.

Next Profiles, I know how to flip between profiles, but i can't figure out how to edit their content, i've even tried creating a new one but still the only options are rename, move up and delete, so how do you actually set the profile up???

Many thanks

Likely someone else will reply regarding profiles. In general only use the Geocaching when you are actually caching. My unit is ether in the automotive or recreational profile.

Re maps: A search of this forum will find many postings regarding maps. Lots of good reading and accurate information here:

wiki information

I have an Oregon 550 and an 8gb micro sd card. I put EVERYTHING on the sd card and have loaded and used several maps at the same time; Canada, USA, Mexico, UK, Europe from Budapest to Prague via Nuremburg. I downloaded all my extra maps from OpenStreetMaps. There is a bit of learning curve at OSM but well worth the effort.