Bumped into work colleague at remote cache

I went out today and did a 2/4 cache that I had been saving for just the right day. The cache is a two mile uphill hike and the first 3/4 mile is a brutal uphill climb.

Also, I was against the clock as I was on school run duty. When I got 17 ft from the cache, I saw this man walking just where the cache must be and he had a hat on, so I didn't recognise him. I wondered if he had just done the cache.

But he recognised me and started going on about 'small world' etc. I then realised it was one of the six people who work in the same office as me!

I have not come out of the geocaching closet to the muggles at work yet as they just wouldn't get it. It turned out he had just done the same walk as me and suggested we walk back to our cars together.

At this point I realised I wasn't going to get my hands on the tupperware and had to abort.

At least he was good company on the trek back, and to be honest, It was such a good hike that I was starting to regret not bringing my son, so I'll be back to claim the booty another day.

"The sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find their money"

A few of the folks who cache around here work at the same office, in different depts. When Dean and I started caching, we discovered HE already knew 5 of the other cachers! It has made caching kinda neat 'cause we will meet them on the trails or at the cache and join up with them for the rest of the hikes or searching (Read the first logs for GCBAEE). It is really fun to cache as a group when it happens.

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

Haven't had this happen, but heard about Geocaching from a co-worker. Her roommate went to a park seminar and they talked about it there, so her roommate wanted to get involved. My co-worker knows my husband and I like to go camping and hiking, and told me about it too. Did some digging. Her roommate got her GPS this week, and so did I. We may bump into each other sometime. May be kind of fun.

My cowoekers think I'm an idiot for caching. I won't see them on the hunt, I guess.

They also think I'm rich because I bought a GPSr. Of course they all have HUGE trucks, and boats, and.........

No. I am on my own, from work.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

Ran into a fellow cacher friend of mine at a cache that was probably about 120 miles from our houses. Funny thing was, I was trying to pass him to get #1 on the leaderboard, and he was out trying to keep me from doing it. He lost. But we got a real laugh out of running into each other like that.

beatnik