Geocoin mistake

SuzyL

I'm not even sure what happened here, but I need help correcting a mistake.

I picked up a geocoin from one geocache. The log for the geocoin shows that I picked it up from the first geocache, but then it shows I dropped it off at a second geocache. I still have this geocoin in my possession and didn't realize it, until I received a watchlist update for the geocoin, indicating it has gone missing.

How can I correct this? Is it possible to just drop the geocoin off at a new geocache? When I go to log a geocache find, I do not see anyplace where I can 'drop off' the geocoin.

What am I doing wrong??

The log for the geocoin shows that I picked it up from the first geocache, but then it shows I dropped it off at a second geocache. I still have this geocoin in my possession and didn't realize it, until I received a watchlist update for the geocoin, indicating it has gone missing.

It looks like you dropped off a travel bug in that cache, so maybe you inadvertently also selected the geocoin to drop off.

How can I correct this? Is it possible to just drop the geocoin off at a new geocache? When I go to log a geocache find, I do not see anyplace where I can 'drop off' the geocoin.

Before you can drop it off, you need to get it back into your inventory. What you should do is log a "Grab it from somewhere else". It will then be back in your inventory, at which point you'll be able to log it as being dropped off into a cache.

I'd also recommend deleting the unnecessary logs from the geocoin's page. Those logs would be the one where it was dropped off into "Where is the battlefield at? (TB Hotel)" (since it really didn't get dropped off into that cache), and also delete the "Grab it from somewhere else" mentioned above, since that's just to correct a mistake.