iPhone App with a real live map

Hi,

I'm currently using the Groundspeak app to go caching. What I miss is a real live map.

What I mean is, when I drive in the car it would be nice to enable the App and it constantly reloads the 20 or 30 nearest caches while I'm driving. So, with a quick look I can see what caches are around me, at the moment.

The new "search from here" feature on the map is not really the same, because you have to search for the caches manualy.

I know that looking4cache is planing to have that feature, but it's not implemented jet.

And yes, I know that this feature will consume a lot of the battery and data from my contract and needs a permanent data connection ;).

Hope somebody can help me.

Hi,

I'm currently using the Groundspeak app to go caching. What I miss is a real live map.

What I mean is, when I drive in the car it would be nice to enable the App and it constantly reloads the 20 or 30 nearest caches while I'm driving. So, with a quick look I can see what caches are around me, at the moment.

The new "search from here" feature on the map is not really the same, because you have to search for the caches manualy.

I know that looking4cache is planing to have that feature, but it's not implemented jet.

And yes, I know that this feature will consume a lot of the battery and data from my contract and needs a permanent data connection ;).

Hope somebody can help me.

So, you want an automatic refresh as you're moving along?

Not a bad idea... but there should be a toggle button to turn this feature ON or OFF.

Sounds like you'd be a good candidate for a 'street navigator' GPS that you can load geocaches in it..... like a NUVI.

Edited by Lieblweb