Multiple Pocket Query Views -

neonride93

The PQ preview page used to allow you to view Multiple PQ's at the same time - I travel often in the same area and I want to make sure the PQ's I have set up cover me from Start to Finish on my trips - as I find more, and others get published/archived obviously my radius changes. Every few months I would go back and reset up all my Pocket Queries to make sure I have everything covered.

Now when I click on a PQ it shows it, but when it defaults to the "search" tab of the PQ page and when I click on the PQ tab it resets and shows ALL caches and then will show the PQ I clicked. So short of it is it will only allow me to see one PQ on the map and I need to see multiple PQ's is there still a way?

The PQ preview page used to allow you to view Multiple PQ's at the same time - I travel often in the same area and I want to make sure the PQ's I have set up cover me from Start to Finish on my trips - as I find more, and others get published/archived obviously my radius changes. Every few months I would go back and reset up all my Pocket Queries to make sure I have everything covered.

Now when I click on a PQ it shows it, but when it defaults to the "search" tab of the PQ page and when I click on the PQ tab it resets and shows ALL caches and then will show the PQ I clicked. So short of it is it will only allow me to see one PQ on the map and I need to see multiple PQ's is there still a way?

Whew! My head is spinning. Maybe you should indicate what you want to do in the first sentence, instead of the last.

I don't believe that anything has changed. You have never been able to look at more than one PQ at a time on the map.

I don't believe that anything has changed. You have never been able to look at more than one PQ at a time on the map.

That's what I thought, too. I can't recall ever seeing or hearing of the ability to view multiple PQs at the same time.

neonride93: Is it possible you were using a browser add-on that was letting you view more than one at a time?

That's what I thought, too. I can't recall ever seeing or hearing of the ability to view multiple PQs at the same time.

neonride93: Is it possible you were using a browser add-on that was letting you view more than one at a time?

Aw shucks. I've been waiting for answers to this question, hoping to learn something new and cool.

Aw shucks. I've been waiting for answers to this question, hoping to learn something new and cool.

Dump it all into GSAK, export it out with the Google Maps macro.

It's been a while, so my memory might be playing tricks with me, but I thought that a couple years ago when I was first playing around with the feature that allowed mapping PQs, if you had one PQ up and you told it to show a second PQ, it would, in fact, show them both instead of switching from one to the other. I think caches in both PQs even showed up twice. I thought it was very confusing, and when I noticed some time later that it no longer worked that way, I considered it a bug fix, and I think that's exactly what it was.

Assuming my memory isn't faulty, I'm not convinced that's the feature the OP is talking about. In any case, it doesn't work that way now and it hasn't worked that way for a while now, if it ever did. I see Don_J's just explained how to do what the OP wants using tools outside geocaching.com. I think that's the correct answer.

It's been a while, so my memory might be playing tricks with me, but I thought that a couple years ago when I was first playing around with the feature that allowed mapping PQs, if you had one PQ up and you told it to show a second PQ, it would, in fact, show them both instead of switching from one to the other. I think caches in both PQs even showed up twice. I thought it was very confusing, and when I noticed some time later that it no longer worked that way, I considered it a bug fix, and I think that's exactly what it was.

Assuming my memory isn't faulty, I'm not convinced that's the feature the OP is talking about. In any case, it doesn't work that way now and it hasn't worked that way for a while now, if it ever did. I see Don_J's just explained how to do what the OP wants using tools outside geocaching.com. I think that's the correct answer.

If that was the case, I'm certain that it was not intended. Even if it was before PQs were expanded to 1000 caches, a user could have 40 PQs multiplied by 500 caches. Groundspeak allowing us to pull up a user customized map with 20,000, (now 40,000) caches on it sounds like something that would give the hamsters a heart attack.

If that was the case, I'm certain that it was not intended. Even if it was before PQs were expanded to 1000 caches, a user could have 40 PQs multiplied by 500 caches. Groundspeak allowing us to pull up a user customized map with 20,000, (now 40,000) caches on it sounds like something that would give the hamsters a heart attack.

Well, admitting that this could have just been a bad dream, my vague recollection is that it seemed like the 2nd PQ was added to what the browser already held. If I'm right, the burden would have been entirely on the local system: the hamsters would see things as sending one PQ, then another, then another, just the same as they do today when you switch from one PQ to some other PQ. The problem was that the previous PQ wasn't being cleared out first.

It was very recent - last few months that I was able to do this - I would click on A PQ on the map, and then it would let me click on another PQ - and it would filter and only show what was in the 2 PQ's - no limit as I could tell I have 5 set up to cover my area that I am in in any given week...

O well :(