rock climbing required to reach cache

MissJenn

Caches are out there that require rock-climbing.... but I have not happened to find one yet.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

I'd like to place a cache at the top of a climb myself, but need to see how others have written the description.

(and before anyone points it out, I might not have placed this post in the right category.... but I figured: what the heck? you'll forgive me, right?) icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

but I have not happened to find one yet.

by the way, I did (just now) find the ones that are found when you search for the word "climb" in the keyword.... are there others, though?

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 04, 2002 at 08:35 PM.]

quote:

I'd like to place a cache at the top of a climb myself, but need to see how others have written the description.

MissJenn, this is the only one that I know of that is reasonably close:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=6707

Also, this one involves climbing but may not be very technical:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=17741

Cheers ...

~Rich in NEPA~

1132_1200.jpg

=== A man with a GPS receiver knows where he is; a man with two GPS receivers is never sure. ===

quote:
Originally posted by Rich in NEPA:

this is the only one that I know of that is reasonably close:

I will not necessarily go to this cache in The Gunks but seeing the descriptions are helpful as I plan what i will do.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 04, 2002 at 08:35 PM.]

How do you feel about someone placing a cache somewhere along or at the top of a climb? Are there things I am not considering here?

(No, of course, I would not put it right in a handhold or anything silly like that. icon_biggrin.gif )

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 04, 2002 at 08:34 PM.]

I think that last cache you posted gives a good description. Flat out tell them you need rock climbing skills. For me that's a dead givaway that I will not be doing that cache. 4x4 and adventuring are more my interest. Mulit and offset caches and so forth. But to each their own. No reason why you shouldn't do rock climber specials.

quote:

How do you feel about someone placing a cache somewhere along or at the top of a climb? Are there things I am not considering here?

(No, of course, I would not put it right in a handhold or anything silly like that. icon_biggrin.gif )

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 04, 2002 at 08:34 PM.]

We're climbers but we haven't sought a cache by climbing... yet. We've been thinking about placing one, just to do it, but we wouldn't expect too many geocachers to be able to get to it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ken & Robin:

but we wouldn't expect too many geocachers to be able to get to it.

Infrequent visits won't be an issue for me - not for this cache.

My thoughts so far are these:

- 1- I definitely don't want it to piss off the climbers in my area.

- 2 - It will be a small cache (see #1) such that there won't be much room for trinkets. It might just be a logbook and pencil. Maybe one trinket at a time could fit in there, so # of visits is not so critical

I will post it here once I get it all together. It has not been great climbing weather (nor good circumstances) for me yet. Soon, I hope!

And, here's the link to Rising sun over Chicken Coop.

quote:
Originally posted by Hiemdahl:

You might consider:

Horse Droppings #1 is WAY harder than my cache will be .... no 2 day walk, for starters! but THANKS SO MUCH for the link, Hiemdahl.

This board and this hobby are both so awesome: They allow me the pleasure of vicarious caches.... As has been said in many other places and times before:

Jeremy, you da man!