Problems unlocking with saved file

seekerfamily

Hello,

Has anyone else had problems with the saved file not unlocking the Wherigo cartridge on Wherigo.com? We have completed 3 cartridges in Florida in the last 2 weeks. Got all to the final, got the completion code and then saved the cartridge. Get home to log on Wherigo.com and when we upload the gws file it says that the cartridge was not completed. When we type in the code it is not recognized. The first one thought that possibly we had copied the code incorrectly. The one done today was very careful with writing the correct code (not the best handwriting) but will not recognize or unlock on any of these cartridges. We really enjoy the Wherigo idea - it was the reason we bought a garmin colorado (a week before the oregon came out- wish we knew that ahead of time). Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Seekerfamily

The GWS file is the saved game and not automatically contains the "Cartridge finished flag". Maybe the owner has forgotten this. But if you have received a completion code only enter the first 15 chars, not the whole one.

For example you receive GEZDAMJQHE3DQMBQGA then enter GEZDAMJQHE3DQMB to unlock on Wherigo.com

I'm having a similar issue. When I chose the *.gws from my phone it says the file is invalid. The code that I received when I finished the cartridge is no longer there in the saved cartridge(At the time I completed the cartridge I didn't have a piece of paper to write it down). I know the cartridge is saved because the cartridge still indicates that I completed the Wherigo. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using WhereYouGo on an android S5.

Thanks,

The phone's GWS is not compatible with Groundspeak's site. If you don't have that code, you can't unlock the cartridge. If you still want to unlock the cartridge, send me an email. In it, include a link to the cartridge (or the geocache's GC) and I'll give you a code you can use to mark it as complete.

While getting the unlock code from a cartridge is relatively simple, I would appreciate it if this knowledge is not discussed.

I'm having a similar issue. When I chose the *.gws from my phone it says the file is invalid. The code that I received when I finished the cartridge is no longer there in the saved cartridge(At the time I completed the cartridge I didn't have a piece of paper to write it down). I know the cartridge is saved because the cartridge still indicates that I completed the Wherigo. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using WhereYouGo on an android S5.

Thanks,

Hi there, it would seem that gws files do not work on Android at the moment, even if you can find one! Only the unlock code works but some cartridge owners have neglected to install one, as strictly speaking they are unnecessary for the game to function!

Note that due to a bug, only the first fifteen(?) digits are recognised by Wherigo, some cartridges seem to add extra, so some experimentation is needed to find the exact number for the cartridge.

When you finish a cartridge don't forget to SAVE when it says that it has been successfully completed. To retrieve a completion code, open the Wherigo app, click:- Start > Cartridge > Main savegame >Inventory (1) Completion code> Completion code > Completion code (grey box at the bottom) >OK (grey box to exit). This worked for me (Android kit-kat on a Oneplus 1).