thinking safe or being chicken!!!

KD7MXI

5 MILES?!?!?!

I've been so far into the woods I really NEEDED my gps to get back out. Some of Buck8Point's caches have you going 15 miles down gravel roads with no end in sight. icon_wink.gif And surly you know someone with a towchain...and if not, they're cheaper than a towtruck and a good investment.

So go ahead and get muddy..that's why God made carwashes.

-pizzachef

I met my husband on a 22 mile gravel road at 2am....both of us lost in Poplarville, MS heading for Gulf Wars (Big SCA event down here)..

He was from Florida, me from Louisiana...I'd been driving for 8 hours for what should have been a 2 hour trip...I was almost out of gas and the only money I had left was to pay my entrance fee.

In my defence, I rarely get lost (He's the directionally challenged of the two of us)..turned out, I was given the wrong exit to get off the highway at and I *WAS* looking at a "farm across from a golfcourse"...was just the wrong farm and golf course....

7 years and 3 kids later....

The Selden Family

quote:
Originally posted by Aussiegoldminer:

A friend of mine here in Australia has to drive for 1hr 20mins to reach the nearest road, then another 3 hours to the nearest town, if you can call it that!

Go for it.

Good gawd, sounds like this guy should invest in a helicopter. icon_biggrin.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

What do you think will happen after the five miles of dirt road. You should always be prepared for anything that may come up. Travel with a buddy ie

(S&W), leave word on where you are going and when

you plan on returning. Be a PIONEER self sufficiant type or be a sheeple (those who rely on others for everything).

Support PETA: Please Eat Tasty Animals

we have been doing backcountry caches once a year for 3 years FLAT TIRE EVERY TIME WE DO IT

even with all terrain tires icon_eek.gif

EVER TRY DRIVING 40 MILES ON A DONUT TIRE?

IT IS SPOOKY

------------

GEOCACHING --- It isn't about the treasur --- It is about the find and the getting there!!!

One of my first dates with my wife ended with the question "Hey, where does that road go?"

The answer turned out to be "Nowhere, but into this ditch" and giving AAA directions to nowhere was not easy.

My new car is AWD with a come-along and towstrap stowed in back. Bring it on! icon_biggrin.gif

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by kd7mxi:

not wanting to drive more than 5 miles on a dirt road without spare gas and a better than the provided spare--tire. icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?u=KD7MXI

----------------

73s from kd7mxi

TERRA UTAH USA

----------------

146.520 simplex

frs-1 no pl

cb-19 am

-----------------

quote:
Originally posted by DD214:

The worst that could happen is that you would die a horrible death from starvation or thirst. That doesn't seem like much of a risk. I say go for it.

Oh, there are worse things...

Cue the banjo music!

icon_wink.gif

Most of the students that were killed in my class (maybe 5 give or take) have been from accidents that happen on gravel roads. My brother who is a cop said that kid age 16 are about the worse to be in accidents (age 14 is the age at which one can drive in SD).

Wyatt W.

The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.