Do you have a Blog?

Does anyone have a blog to document their Geocaching Adventures??

Like in BlogSpot, wordpress, ect.

I am a blogger and would LOVE to follow your blogs! :)

Thanks!

My most active blog is geoswag.wordpress.com (see my signature) where I document cool geoswag I've found and geoswag I've made.

Edited by L0ne R

Thanks!

My most active blog is geoswag.wordpress.com (see my signature) where I document cool geoswag I've found and geoswag I've made.

Thanks!!

Logs not Blogs!!

Sorry bit of a rant, but it is on subject, sort of!

Does anyone else hate it when you get a log on one of your caches, which is just a link promoting a blog.

Please, Please, post a nice log. Then you can feel free to add your blog address. But not just your blog address.

Sorry, I feel better now.

Thanks!

Hey, I just stumbled on The BitchyCacher's blog the other day, after forgetting about it, and not looking at it for like 8 months. Gotta love the title of the latest post, eh? :ph34r:

I write a blog, but I would not be able to post it here, as it's considered the blog for a competing website. :o

The biggest Geocaching blog list I've seen, and it comes up very high in a Google search of "Geocaching Blogs", is here at Geocaching Online however, you'll find many of these blogs abandoned, and not posted to in years. For example, the homepage of the website the list is hosted on has not been posted to since March, 2010. :huh:

I would recommend both a Wordpress account and a Google account to follow blogs, depending on the platform. But of course you can follow just about any blog via email, as well.

Logs not Blogs!!

Does anyone else hate it when you get a log on one of your caches, which is just a link promoting a blog.

Please, Please, post a nice log. Then you can feel free to add your blog address. But not just your blog address.

AGREED!

I've never seen a log that was nothing but such a link, but if I did it would be deleted in a heartbeat.

From what I understand, 70% of the electricity generated in the States comes from burning coal and natural gas. :unsure:

True.

This is what makes me laugh at those who say electric vehicles are eco-friendly.

They do have the effect of concentrating the emissions in one location (the generation station) where those emissions can be more closely controlled...

Now, if the whole roof of the car was a solar panel, and the owner's house's roof was a solar panel...

Then the problem becomes what to do with all the nasty chemistry in the batteries when they eventually wear out.

Logs not Blogs!!

AGREED!

I've never seen a log that was nothing but such a link, but if I did it would be deleted in a heartbeat.

From what I understand, 70% of the electricity generated in the States comes from burning coal and natural gas. :unsure:

True.

This is what makes me laugh at those who say electric vehicles are eco-friendly.

They do have the effect of concentrating the emissions in one location (the generation station) where those emissions can be more closely controlled...

Now, if the whole roof of the car was a solar panel, and the owner's house's roof was a solar panel...

Then the problem becomes what to do with all the nasty chemistry in the batteries when they eventually wear out.

I want a windmill powered car. Just imagine.. :P

True.

Agreed. If you really want to be environmentally-friendly, use a bicycle and/or public transit. There are a number of people here who cache exclusively by bicycle/transit. Some of the logs they write a very interesting.

Agreed. If you really want to be environmentally-friendly, use a bicycle and/or public transit. There are a number of people here who cache exclusively by bicycle/transit. Some of the logs they write a very interesting.

Actually, public transit really isn't a good answer until we can convince enough people to use it.

If the bus is less than 30% full, it's a loosing proposition.

Anyway, to get back on topic...

No, I don't have a blog.

My collective logs are as close as it gets.

Furthermore, I have no interest in someone else's blog...even if it is mostly about Geocaching.

I'm much too busy posting in the forums to read things like that. :ph34r:

Beat me to it :) Bicycle is now my preferred mode of transport for caching; well and walking.

I have a blog which is more bicycling and bushwalking orientated than geocaching but have some geocaching posts planned.

Andrew

I live in California. My provider is PG&E. 0% of their electricity comes from coal. That's right zero. 60% comes from renewable or clean sources: wind, geothermal, solar, hydroelectric, nuclear, and biomass. I charge my car during nighttime when the percentage is even higher. The 40% that is fossil fuel is natural gas, which burns much, much cleaner than coal or fuel oil, and those burn much cleaner that the exhaust from gasoline-powered cars. The wind blows strongest at night when demand is low; I pretty much geocache on wind power. Bicycles are good, too, though.

Edited by The Rat

I maintain a travel blog at www.whereisyvette.com. There is a geocaching tag on it too for all those posts in particular, but looking it over I haven't been using it much lately (can barely keep up with the travels alone usually, though I'm often finding a cache along the way!).

To be fair looking it over, a lot of the pictures I use are for various virtuals. Like pretty much everything in Utah was an Earthcache because most of the major sites in Arches National Park and what not are.