Garmin Oregon 450t on sale at REI $199.99

Looks like Garmin is trying to clear things out for the new 600 series. I just received my REI sales flyer and the $199.99 price is available May 17 - May 27 2013. The ad states it's a markdown of $165.

Next week REI is having an anniversary or something of the such sale. Heard it on the radio on my way into work.

Just went to there website and they are not even listed on there. For that price I would buy one in a heartbeat. Must be sold out already.

I think somebody screwed up on the website (has happened with sales there before), or they ordered a bunch and they haven't come in yet.

It is also in a mailed flyer from REI so it's not a "website" screwup. So.... If you want one go to an REI store and place an order.

Just went to there website and they are not even listed on there. For that price I would buy one in a heartbeat. Must be sold out already.

I think somebody screwed up on the website (has happened with sales there before), or they ordered a bunch and they haven't come in yet.

It is also in a mailed flyer from REI so it's not a "website" screwup. So.... If you want one go to an REI store and place an order.

I should have been more precise. I think them not showing it on the website is a screwup because yes, it is on sale. An REI employee gave me the web link for the Oregon 450t on sale a week ago, but it says out of stock right now.

I stood outside my local REI this morning before opening just so I could grab one of these units at this price. I managed to get the one they had in store. I'd called them the other night to inquire about availability and was told they had two. I'm guessing an employee snapped the other one up last night.

One employee told me that they would be ordering more for the store, but the manager told me that these units were store-only, and that they wouldn't be available online. He said that whatever was in stock has been shipped to stores and that no more would be made available. I suppose you can take that with a grain of salt, but that's the news as I got it.