HELP! Grabbed instead of Retrieved

My daughter and I are new to geocaching. We just started because someone told us about it while we were on vacation. A few days ago we found our first trackables and when we logged them, instead of hitting the retrieved from cache, we hit the grabbed button on both trackables. Is there a way to change that, or is it alright being logged as such? We have already passed the trackables on to another cache and I am pretty sure we did that the right way. I am still reading the forums and help pages to get better familiar with all the rules. But I still haven't come across anything concerning how to change this. Thank you for your help.

I also just got a Garmin and because of my reading was able to get 30 day trial on Premium membership. Not sure if I can afford to purchase it in 30 days, but I am sure gonna try. With having 2 kids in college and 1 graduating and getting ready to go to college in a few months. 3 kids in college is gonna make it tough. This is a mother-daughter team and I want to make sure I can keep my teenage girl involved, so she will not be sitting at home watching TV and playing games all day. I think this is a great opportunity for her. I told her as soon as I order trackables, we will make our own, so she can follow her trackables. (Just have to read up on how to do that)!

Don't worry, everything looks okay. Yes, "retrieved" would have been the most correct log, but the end result of the "grabbed" is still that the trackable is moved to your inventory. In this case, both do the same thing, so it isn't a big deal. And yes, you did correctly drop them off into the respective caches.

So what then is the difference between "grabbed" and "retrieved"? Why use one over the other?

The difference is really only in the definition. Both will perform the same action of moving a trackable into your inventory. "Retrieved" just indicates you picked up the trackable from the location it was currently listed as being in. "Grabbed" indicates you picked it up from somewhere else, or directly from another cacher's inventory.

I've seen many folks "discover" trackables...which they obviously thought was how they were supposed to "retrieve" it. I'm wondering if Groundspeak ought to just spell each option out when someone logs a trackable's ID number:

"I took this from a cache"

"I saw this in a cache but left it where it was"

"I took this from a fellow cacher"

"I put this in a cache"

"I took this to a cache but did not leave it there"

Edited by J Grouchy