Mission 5 - fork in the canyon

Guest Hyper-X

Guest martinp13

There are numerous "Fork Canyon"s in the big states, but I'm guessing it'll be the mate of the Devil's Spoon in Mission 1 located in some canyon.

------------------

> Martin

Magellan 330 (1.56/WAAS enabled!)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo !

Guest Limburr

I'm not sure if you can leak this kind of top secret, hush hush info, but what are the first people finding in the Project A.P.E. Caches anyways?

Guest makaio

See earlier threads on the various missions (you may need to adjust the 'Show topics' to see archived posts), but as we know it...

Mission #1 - CA, USA - An APE spoon

Mission #2 - OR, USA - An APE battle club

Mission #3 - NY, USA - Unknown - hidden link somewhere on cAcHe_NiNjA's website, but I can't find it icon_smile.gif

Mission #4 - Brazil, SA - Not yet located

Mission #5 - ???

Guest makaio

See earlier threads on the various missions (you may need to adjust the 'Show topics' to see archived posts), but as we know it...

Mission #1 - CA, USA - An APE spoon

Mission #2 - OR, USA - An APE battle club

Mission #3 - NY, USA - Unknown - hidden link somewhere on cAcHe_NiNjA's website, but I can't find it icon_smile.gif

Mission #4 - Brazil, SA - Not yet located

Mission #5 - ???

Guest Miles678

No information is better than misinformation.

I can see it now. Everyone who is trying to get a jump on the cache runs to a location that is very tough to get to - only to find a false cache or no cache at all! icon_wink.gif

Guest Miles678

No information is better than misinformation.

I can see it now. Everyone who is trying to get a jump on the cache runs to a location that is very tough to get to - only to find a false cache or no cache at all! icon_wink.gif

Guest Evan Bierstadt

Two for CA when there are only going to be 8 in the US. What a CROCK! I guess they're afraid to place one up here in the altitude of CO.

Guest makaio

Keep in mind this is a Hollywood based entertainment company promoting a movie. They are going to place these things where they think they will get the most bang for the buck (typical marketing). They're probably trying to make up for the Brazil fiasco (whomever thought of this spot probably doesn't work there anymore) by placing another one closer to (their) home.

Expect to see the rest placed where the general public is more likely to be made aware of it's location and more people are likely to go for it.

Guest Mike_Teague

I dunno about that, I think they probably placed the one near Portland, OR probably as a sign of respect for the game or some such,(as it was the "birthplace of geocaching")...

I don't think we're a big market for movies, or anything else either, (I think perhaps the 20th-30th largest market in the US????).. They coulda put it up closer to Seattle (2-3 hours away), more people, more Geocachers, etc. But they didn't..

I would have expected 2 in CA, and one in the NYC area.. I also would have expected one in each of the major metro areas, but at this point, who knows!?

Perhaps we could start interpreting the potential symbology of the Planet of the Apes items left in each cache? A spoon for the Bay Area? A club for the Portland area?

(I couldn't find the APE#3 info on CN's site either, but I did find the site very entertaining! icon_smile.gif

Guest Mike_Teague

I dunno about that, I think they probably placed the one near Portland, OR probably as a sign of respect for the game or some such,(as it was the "birthplace of geocaching")...

I don't think we're a big market for movies, or anything else either, (I think perhaps the 20th-30th largest market in the US????).. They coulda put it up closer to Seattle (2-3 hours away), more people, more Geocachers, etc. But they didn't..

I would have expected 2 in CA, and one in the NYC area.. I also would have expected one in each of the major metro areas, but at this point, who knows!?

Perhaps we could start interpreting the potential symbology of the Planet of the Apes items left in each cache? A spoon for the Bay Area? A club for the Portland area?

(I couldn't find the APE#3 info on CN's site either, but I did find the site very entertaining! icon_smile.gif

Guest Maluso

could you find this on cn's site??

< !--

now that we have secured the ______ and information from APE, our plan will unfold!

-->

the ______ was filled in, of course.

muahaha

Guest Artful Dodger

It appears that Mission 5 cache has FINALLY been discovered. About time! icon_smile.gif

An open request to all initial finders : PLEASE have the decency to reveal to us in a timely fashion exactly WHAT was the Project APEs momento left in the cache. Since Mission#2, no one knows what the coveted prize is: confused.gif

Muchas gracias!

Dodger

Guest Artful Dodger

It appears that Mission 5 cache has FINALLY been discovered. About time! icon_smile.gif

An open request to all initial finders : PLEASE have the decency to reveal to us in a timely fashion exactly WHAT was the Project APEs momento left in the cache. Since Mission#2, no one knows what the coveted prize is: confused.gif

Muchas gracias!

Dodger

Guest Maluso

Well, at least one of us (me!) knows what the coveted prize from Mission 3 was. I found the answer on Cache Ninja's site.

Yes, this is a gloat.