I think I have the record on this...

Finally bested my streak of slothful inactivity ( when I took up road biking for a few years, before the crash which left me limping back to comparative safety of the hunt ) It's been a real job getting here, but now what?

streak.png

There's a challenge cache somewhere for exceeding the inactivity streak, isn't there?

Holy cow I have a long way to go. I am at 31 days so far. I have endured rain storms, snow storms, and regretfully I allowed more than 200+ days to go by without caching. Absolutely no excuse to the slump other than I hadn't realized the fun in the game. Even so, I have about 3 caches to go back and "re-find" since I didn't have an account to log. My biggest fear is how far I will have to go to keep the streak alive. I keep caching on my commute to and from work. It will eventually become a weirder and further commute...

Re record, no....I made a modest effort to find the thread, but can't come up with the right search terms.

Someone was in here trying to figure out why their find count was off. They'd created 3 different accounts in 2001, hadn't cached for ~10 years, and logged back onto one of those accounts, found some caches. They were wondering where the "missing" finds were (forum users tracked down the missing finds attached to another account of theirs with a very similar user name).

Anyway a longer "no finds" streak for sure. But much less impressively bracketed by finds on either end.

I think not caching fails the positive accomplishment part of challenges ;-)

I had a pretty good not caching streak going>> broken leg. Would have been a better not caching streak, had I not ruined it by attending events. As it happened I had 2 scheduled and adopted another. I kept 'em but did next to no work on them. Show up in a wheelchair at an event and people get real helpful.

Holy cow I have a long way to go. I am at 31 days so far. I have endured rain storms, snow storms, and regretfully I allowed more than 200+ days to go by without caching. Absolutely no excuse to the slump other than I hadn't realized the fun in the game. Even so, I have about 3 caches to go back and "re-find" since I didn't have an account to log. My biggest fear is how far I will have to go to keep the streak alive. I keep caching on my commute to and from work. It will eventually become a weirder and further commute...

First, congrats to DragonWest. Consecutive Finds and Slumps with that many days is probably pretty unusual.

If I went caching on my commute every day to and from work, I think my finds streak would last about a week, before I'd have to start leaving for work a lot earlier than I do now.

Wow - DragonWest, those are some impressive numbers!

My current streak is 2 days. My longest ever streak was 15 days. My biggest slump was 26 days (that was at the start of my caching "career" - while I was shopping for a GPS. So I cache pretty consistently, but I don't do streaks.

Actually, I've never had a slump! I started caching 97 days ago and have a 97 day streak. Once I got to about 50 days I decided to make it to 100. I know the day will come, for whatever reason, that I will have a slump, but now that I am about to make it to 100 days I know I'm going to try for 200.

Actually, I've never had a slump! I started caching 97 days ago and have a 97 day streak. Once I got to about 50 days I decided to make it to 100. I know the day will come, for whatever reason, that I will have a slump, but now that I am about to make it to 100 days I know I'm going to try for 200.

That's actually pretty cool. I would tell you to not obsess over not missing a day but dadgum that's cool.

Here is another one in Ohio:

GC42RQY - Numbers - Streak vs Slump

Okay. Got that one covered.

Longest Streak 16 consecutive days with finds from 09/01/2012 to 09/16/2012

Longest Slump 14 consecutive days without a find from 12/12/2009 to 12/26/2009

I'm not a streak cacher, I usually cache every weekend. Not sure how I got that losing sreak. But a two week vacation to New England and Maritime Canada overcame that.