The Accidental Treasure Box

While I was conoeing in the Chattahoochie River I found a GEOCACHING box on an island. I was unaweare of the entire GEOCACHING thing until I opened it and read the letter.The box looked like an old army box thus my first GEOCACHING box. I am now an official member of GEOCACHING.COM and I think it will be a fun summer activity. Signed,

red falcon

Oh-my, another one!

Welcome to geocaching. You'll be sorry!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by red falcon:

While I was conoeing in the Chattahoochie River I found a GEOCACHING box on an island. I was unaweare of the entire GEOCACHING thing until I opened it and read the letter.The box looked like an old army box thus my first GEOCACHING box. I am now an official member of GEOCACHING.COM and I think it will be a fun summer activity. Signed,

red falcon

Don't forget to log your find. icon_wink.gif

One day my sigline will stop changing.

Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!". icon_smile.gif

quote:

While I was conoeing in the Chattahoochie River and I think it will be a fun summer activity. Signed,

red falcon

Please forgive me, but when I read stuff like this I just can't get images from the movie "Deliverance" out of my sick mind. frog.gif

Just wondering, about how many GEOCACHERS are there, and how to exactly pinpoint a GEOCACHING box, and what is a travel bug, also how to contact other GEOCACHERS like me, and what in the heck is a GPS? I guess I have a plethra of questions but, its probably because I just found the box two days ago, and was officially a member of GEOCACHING yesterday. Anyway I think that once I get the hang of this I really think that it will be an enjoyable thing to do this summer well if anyone would like to show me how GEOCACHING really works then when you write me back, at the end of your letter please write, (..,kj) and that will let me know that you want to help me. Thanks, bye! bye!

red flacon

quote:

I am trying to find a GEOCACHING box does anybody have any tips to help me!!!!!!!.

Red,

Let's start easy:

Georgia caches... http://www.geocaching.com/local/default.aspx?state_id=11&submit2=GO Follow this by selecting your local city from the drop box, and you'll get plenty to choose from.

If this doesn't do what you want, then try your zip code in the box at the top of the www.geocaching.com home page.

To continue, you will probably need a GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) receiver.

There are lots of answers to all of your questions (and nost of the questions you haven't yet asked) in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page: http://www.geocaching.com/faq.asp

If you have more questions after you've read that little lot, then please post back, and we'll try our best to help.

One day my sigline will stop changing.

Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!". icon_smile.gif

I am a proud member of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain.

If you would like to have a say in the future of geocaching in the UK, please visit http://www.gagb.org.uk

HAY! if you want a really hard GEOCACHING box to find then go out in the dark. Make sure to bring a flashlight that is either fully recharged or perfect batteries. Mine went out and Oh! boy! was I freaked. The second it went out a picture of Darkness Falls flashed in my head. Anyway I found two at a nice park that I go to all of the time. Thanks for the hunt.

signed,

red falcon

New to the sport as well. Addicting you say? Heck yes! I call it geo-smack!

I just discovered geocaching about two weeks back when my friend, Splash, twisted my arm (yeah, right) to do one over by her house using her GPS system. I started twitching on the spot in anticipation of my next cache!

Went out this past Saturday in the rain and bagged seven out of nine lined up for the day. Only missed the other two because one had been stolen and the other was either under water or had floated away due to all the rain (almost stepped on a copperhead at this one... but stopped in time to give him the right of way). I'm ready to go again!

The Jaded Jeweler

quote:

box, and what is a travel bug, also how to contact other GEOCACHERS like me, and what in

<snip>

Anyway I think that once I get the hang of this I really think that it will be an enjoyable thing to do this summer well if anyone would like to show me how GEOCACHING really works

red flacon

You can find other cachers in your area by checking out the GGA (Georgia Geocachers Association). We meet montly and have other activities. We also have a discussion board like Groundspeak for GGA members (visit 1 meeting to become a member).

The website address is GGA Online.

The next meeting has not been posted, but you can see past ones by searching for GGA in the Hide/Seek or look at the Events section in the Georgia page on Geocaching.com

I'll send an email as well in case you haven't discovered the Popit! feature yet.

Kenneth Pruett

Yeah, I would say this sport is addicting... I have a blister and every part of my body hurts after three Caches yesterday, and I am going to go back to one of them today because I wanted to take a picture of the box and I forgot to! (Can you see a mile and a half walk done on a BLISTER??? I'm insane!!!

T and I have been caching about 5 months, along with our hiking, we go out at least every other weekend. When telling our friends about our adventures, they sometimes give us "the look". You spend you time out in the woods, looking for little boxes of treasure, don't you have anything better to do? Can't wait for the next adventure.

A of A&T HIKERS

Hey Red Falcon, I stumbled accross your post much as you stumbled accross your first cache, and thought WOO, on an island in the river, so I went to your page to trace which one it might be, and where. Please log your finds, then I can go search it. You'll probably get more from the 'sport' that way too, seeing who's been where you've been etc.

Thanks

Gory

quote:
Originally posted by Gory:

Hey Red Falcon, I stumbled accross your post much as you stumbled accross your first cache, and thought WOO, on an island in the river, so I went to your page to trace which one it might be, and where. Please log your finds, then I can go search it. You'll probably get more from the 'sport' that way too, seeing who's been where you've been etc.

Thanks

Gory

Red Falcon doesn't appear to be active or is not logging any finds.

It may be Hidden On The Hooch #1: Robin Hood's Gold.

This is on the Chattahoochee River that flows above and through Atlanta Georgia.

I believe there are a few others so a search for nearby caches might turn up some others. Look for ones mostly North/South as the river flows from North to South and level 4 or 5.

Kenneth